A little update on my truck...

swinky

Reaction score
You want to tow a heavy load buy a Chevy, want to swallow a heavy load buy a Ford....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jdgleason

Reaction score

jdgleason

Reaction score
I guess I should give a quick update on what's going on.

The machine shop determined that the block would be totally clean at 20 over, so that's the way we went. I got some fancy new 20 over pistons from Jared coming so the machine shop can verify clearances and stuff before they do the final bore and hone on the block. Once they arrive, the rings will get sent off to be turned into gapless rings as well. Due to time constraints, it made more sense for me to cut and coat the pistons here, otherwise Jared would have done it.

I have decided that there is no way this motor is going back together without rods, so I will get those ordered by monday. I have always wanted Carillo's, but I may just order a set of R&R's from Jared just so I don't have to deal with any extra BS. The machine shop probably won't be ready to balance everything until mid to late next week anyway.

Like Nathannial said - my heads were cracked pretty bad. They did pressure test ok, but I really don't want to put this motor back together and find out that I have an issue in the next few months. I may snag a set from Morgan - Thank you sir! I am thinking that if I do buy new or newer heads I will probably coat the underside of them.

I have also made a decision on turbos - The 88 is staying. Cam, valve springs, pushrods, etc should be all gathered soon.

HD F250

Reaction score
Its funny that Morgan came into play on the head part.. the first thing that came to mind when you said the words "good head" was.. well... Morgan

I knew Morgan and Jared were close friends, but not that close. LOL

Glad to see your truck is getting back together JD. I should be making a trip that way for a pick up soon and I will let you know so we can at least grab lunch.

Latest posts

Members online