After Market Transmission Build

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I know man its like some guys just don't care what a truck looks like. They just like them to run good man.

But a member comment on coolant tip and I was stated the first initial 0-100 was on tune 1. the rest were tune 5.

I am only in high school and my allowance is not making performance parts cheap. So I have to throw together old junk and hope for the best man.

I just don't know why you guys are so mean to me?

I was just here answering your guys questions on how to build a trans.
I have done quite a few now.
It has been a almost a year and a half since I put my first single turbo on one of these 6.7's dude.
I have done a bunch of testing and I have some good experience I could contribute.

But I leave the experts figure it out. ya know the ones with a custom compound setup that doesn't use an intercooler for the high pressure, has no wastegate and a turbine housing tighter than steve carters ass pinching off all exhaust flow. They can lead the way for you bro, they got you where you are today man.

So you have built a few transmissions.. Whose trucks and what modifications are they running? What power are they making? Do you have a video to prove the power (Dyno video and graph). Your 6.7s that are all setting examples that we follow. Where are they?

I was never trying to be defensive with you, you took it that way. You were talking to me as you did use my User Name. I said it earlier and I will say it again, my "little" chargers will roast my stock TC in due time. With that being said, those same chargers may not make 1000hp, but they also do not smoke out roads and leave me sitting still like some other "big" compounds would. I guess we aren't all into "rolling the coal."

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So you have built a few transmissions.. Whose trucks and what modifications are they running? What power are they making? Do you have a video to prove the power (Dyno video and graph). Your 6.7s that are all setting examples that we follow. Where are they?

I was never trying to be defensive with you, you took it that way. You were talking to me as you did use my User Name. I said it earlier and I will say it again, my "little" chargers will roast my stock TC in due time. With that being said, those same chargers may not make 1000hp, but they also do not smoke out roads and leave me sitting still like some other "big" compounds would. I guess we aren't all into "rolling the coal."

please dont waste your breath with eyebrows. you're all good, in the hood.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
This got good pretty fast

Keep in mind that this is the same guy that said he running dual hpop's in Morgan's turbo thread I guess that's to help spool the big single he runs maybe it even helps keep the trans alive

Sent from my SCH-I535

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
With that being said, those same chargers may not make 1000hp, but they also do not smoke out roads and leave me sitting still like some other "big" compounds would. I guess we aren't all into "rolling the coal."

J no if you are doing compounds of SENSIBLE size such as 4everboosted.

You have a real nice setup. Its going to be awesome and exactly what you want according to that post man. Hence why I said SENSIBLE!!

I personally think the tc will be fine man. Is that not, the only difference of opinion we have. I hope we can agree to disagree on this and move forward and share our new found passion of the 6.7 psd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greg, when your retune your truck without relearn you will slip the clutches because they did not have a chance to adjust to the higher/different power and shift points. Enough slips and yeah it will be hurt and causing you problems.

The precision converter we have is made out of a brand new HD/updated ford converter and then beefed up. In fact they said until someone can break this on like what I have. They are not going to move forward with anything more. I told them "challenge accepted" but the race truck will be a while before it's out getting sprayed down the track.

The main goal with the race truck is to have out running for TS. So that may give a timeline to see what the converters are made of.

If anyone else wants to try one I'll be glad to sell one with the stall of their choice (16-2400).

Oh and trans will be ready very soon. So keep your ears and eye peeled!

Buck1

Reaction score
Since when is shooting for 800 hp sensible?? Cool and awesome yes, sensible not so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Since when is shooting for 800 hp sensible?? Cool and awesome yes, sensible not so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I guess to someone who daily drives an 800 rwhp truck to a performance diesel shop everyday man.

Its just an opinion, they don't all have to be the same.

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Greg, when your retune your truck without relearn you will slip the clutches because they did not have a chance to adjust to the higher/different power and shift points. Enough slips and yeah it will be hurt and causing you problems.

The precision converter we have is made out of a brand new HD/updated ford converter and then beefed up. In fact they said until someone can break this on like what I have. They are not going to move forward with anything more. I told them "challenge accepted" but the race truck will be a while before it's out getting sprayed down the track.

The main goal with the race truck is to have out running for TS. So that may give a timeline to see what the converters are made of.

If anyone else wants to try one I'll be glad to sell one with the stall of their choice (16-2400).

Oh and trans will be ready very soon. So keep your ears and eye peeled!

You sir appear to be corning the market on the good stuff!
thanks for getting stuff back on track

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Strokersmoker I've got $40k and a 6.7. Can you turn my truck to **** too? Better you stay off this website, or better yet the Internet.

In this thread with the best in the business acting like you know one thing from another.. LOL

Kaleb what happened to the ATS deal? You just decide to hold off until elite finishes up a 6r?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Strokersmoker I've got $40k and a 6.7. Can you turn my truck to **** too? Better you stay off this website, or better yet the Internet.

In this thread with the best in the business acting like you know one thing from another.. LOL

Kaleb what happened to the ATS deal? You just decide to hold off until elite finishes up a 6r?

ATS? I am not sure what you are referring to... I never planned on an ATS trans... I have had a deal with Elite since I placed my order for the motor.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess to someone who daily drives an 800 rwhp truck to a performance diesel shop everyday man.

Its just an opinion, they don't all have to be the same.

Where's this 800hp truck ? And where is this performance diesel shop?

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Where's this 800hp truck ? And where is this performance diesel shop?

In my 50x120 metal building and 2 miles down the road respectively.
Next time you are in town it would be my please to show you both sir.

Now could we please get a plan together for what I am counting as 10 badass 6.7 trucks that are all gonna be built motor and 800 plus horse.

Now its gonna be a great summer if the trans can hold and we can try and out do each other.

But if all we do is sit on here and talk about all the power that our trans can't hold well that is just gonna be pethetic.

So we need a solution.

I suggest everyone call raybestos and ask about a gpz module.
That will light the fire.

Dan

Reaction score
1414D870-3B35-4AFE-931D-31772BD103CE_zps67ipe3id.jpg

Joseph_the_builder

Reaction score
Is anyone running a aftermarket transmission other than ATS Performance? I know Morgan said he will have his out soon. Reason I ask is because I will be needing a transmission for my build by March.

gloan93

Reaction score
Morgan I appreciate it, I'll be watching. I'll also be there at TS :rockon:
Elite an Rudys are building them with the GPZ clutches for $3,200 I also am looking for a good converter haven't seen the precision converter out. But I'm sure they are being tested. Theirs a few 6.7's out in the woods being built that people don't know about :toast:

gloan93

Reaction score
I called Precision a min ago they will take my converter in an build it for I thought a heck of a price ball parked! Almost half of an ATS converter! Now who to send my tranny 2 :hammer:

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
ATS? I am not sure what you are referring to... I never planned on an ATS trans... I have had a deal with Elite since I placed my order for the motor.

My bad bud, for some crazy reason I thought you were gonna run one until your elite trans was done. Again sorry for adding to the confusion.

Carry on.

gloan93

Reaction score
I have no idea what is going on with that deal my bud called Raybesto to get so info an they said another shop called also. :wtf:

Latest posts

Members online