American Force Wheel Decision

Which one?

• Total voters

benbou00

Reaction score
Erik the wheel I posted with the blue lip is powdercoated. I'm sure if won't be cheap to do it because I wanted to have the buttons and the american force on the outside of the lip powdercoated on mine and they wanted something like $1400 just to do that. It may be cheaper to do the lip or the face of the wheel because it's a bigger area being done and probably easier to do than what I wanted done to mine.

eastern

Reaction score
I have 22.5 on my truck and thought of having them painted. Is that paint or powder coating? Also my vote is the evo.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Erik the wheel I posted with the blue lip is powdercoated. I'm sure if won't be cheap to do it because I wanted to have the buttons and the american force on the outside of the lip powdercoated on mine and they wanted something like $1400 just to do that. It may be cheaper to do the lip or the face of the wheel because it's a bigger area being done and probably easier to do than what I wanted done to mine.

It might be cheaper, but if they wanted that much for the little parts I bet the lip wouldn't be that much better. I think I will pass on that this time around. Maybe down the road if I need a change.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
It might be cheaper, but if they wanted that much for the little parts I bet the lip wouldn't be that much better. I think I will pass on that this time around. Maybe down the road if I need a change.

How much longer till your trucks back on the road?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Throwing a wrench into the process, the more I look at the Compass the more I am favoring it. It is beefier and looks like it is a wheel that belongs on a big truck. Toss in your two cents about it if you like.

Compass-Side-NEW-375x375.png

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Throwing a wrench into the process, the more I look at the Compass the more I am favoring it. It is beefier and looks like it is a wheel that belongs on a big truck. Toss in your two cents about it if you like.

It almost looks like the face of that wheel is brushed aluminum or satin in finish. If you look at the bevel cuts on the windows they're shiny. Could just be the way the picture is taken though.

I dont think AF's powder coating is that expensive. To have my wheels PC gloss black would have been $100 extra a wheel. If you decide on keeping them polished do yourself a favor and have the inner barrel or backside of the wheels PC black. Gloss would be better then matte. Makes cleaning the inside really easy and prevents brake dust from being so ugly looking inside the wheel.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It almost looks like the face of that wheel is brushed aluminum or satin in finish. If you look at the bevel cuts on the windows they're shiny. Could just be the way the picture is taken though.

I dont think AF's powder coating is that expensive. To have my wheels PC gloss black would have been $100 extra a wheel. If you decide on keeping them polished do yourself a favor and have the inner barrel or backside of the wheels PC black. Gloss would be better then matte. Makes cleaning the inside really easy and prevents brake dust from being so ugly looking inside the wheel.

They do look like a brushed alluminum face. Didn't notice that before, will have to look into it.

PC the inside of the wheel is a good tip. I doubt I will pc the wheels, it is more of a street truck look and not quite where I am going with this. Dustin's idea of coloring the face tan like my two tone might look good though.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
They do look like a brushed alluminum face. Didn't notice that before, will have to look into it.

PC the inside of the wheel is a good tip. I doubt I will pc the wheels, it is more of a street truck look and not quite where I am going with this. Dustin's idea of coloring the face tan like my two tone might look good though.

I'm not one to put down anyone's idea's b/c everyone's different and that's what makes fixing up trucks/cars cool, b/c everyone brings something new and different to the table.

I'm all for PC'ing blue the face. I'm not sure about the tan...

I think your truck would look great keeping them polished.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
No problem, was just thinking out loud. Probably won't do it anyway. Blue would be my choice, tan if I was feeling frisky. LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Won't order for a week or so, truck isn't home so they will be delivered to Hallers. Be nice seeing truck for the first time in a while with new tires, wheels and grill painted.

sixmassive

Reaction score
they charge 500/wheel for powdercoating. not sure if that is custom, or the entire wheel. but that is the base price

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
they charge 500/wheel for powdercoating. not sure if that is custom, or the entire wheel. but that is the base price

cant be right b/c it was only $400 more to have all my wheels powder coated gloss black. $100 a wheel. I just bought mine a month ago.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think you are looking at the price difference between the polished wheel and the black wheel. I believe the $500 is for custom alterations to the wheel, like what we have been discussing.

benbou00

Reaction score
The $1400 price tag I got came straight from American Force because it's something custom that I wanted to have done and im sure the word "custom" is what drives the price up so much. The $100 more is the difference if you want them powdercoated to polished black.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I think you are looking at the price difference between the polished wheel and the black wheel. I believe the $500 is for custom alterations to the wheel, like what we have been discussing.

Not sure. He told me he could powder coat them any color for that price. I was thinking about PC'ing the wheels a charcoal gray colored face with polished lips. whether they do the whole wheel or part of it, (face/lip) he said it was $100 per wheel. I'll call tomorrow to ask b/c I'm curious now. $500 per wheel is ridiculous if thats the case.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
The $1400 price tag I got came straight from American Force because it's something custom that I wanted to have done and im sure the word "custom" is what drives the price up so much. The $100 more is the difference if you want them powdercoated to polished black.

You guys are probably right then. That just seems outrageous for powder coating.

I've had wheels powder coated from 360 forged for $150/wheel. Anyway, if thats the case and you're going to do some custom PC'ing I'd try to find a local PC'er you trust to do it. I'm sure it'd be cheaper.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yeah that is an outrageous price. It will have to be done somewhere near here or maybe the Los Angeles area.

Latest posts

Members online