Annnnd BOOM goes the dynomite

521turbo

Reaction score
I would hope a builder would hold a warranty it only help the engine out. Ablock big block fords come with the soft plugs taped. Check it out it doesnt cost much and makes a better foundation.

OSCS

Reaction score
I would hope a builder would hold a warranty it only help the engine out. Ablock big block fords come with the soft plugs taped. Check it out it doesnt cost much and makes a better foundation.

Yeah I'll have the talk with him about it soon. These are the things I'm trying to dig up as I will hopefully only be doing this once and I'd like to get a good platform. I've decided I will be happy with a 485-500hp truck and I think with some different tunning a nice rebuild and some little things here and there I can get it done using forged rods without blowing up my motor again.

521turbo

Reaction score
Doug herbert has a nice block fill I have used a bunch of times with good results. Moroso also makes a good product.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I did a partial fill and 2 bolt girdle for my build. Wanted s strong block an not go back in later. You need a torque plate if you do hardbloc.

OSCS

Reaction score
Doug herbert has a nice block fill I have used a bunch of times with good results. Moroso also makes a good product.

Is filling a block something best left to the professionals? If not anyone got write up or good info on how to do it properly?

521turbo

Reaction score
Thats nice 90% of an great engine rebuild is the machine shop, you want to take it to a good machine shop some one who does performance. It will be worth the drive.

TARM

Reaction score
I wonder what, if any, effect sleeving would have on the rigidity/strength of the block?

When I asked about this a few years ago when I was going to do a fully build I was told it would stiffen/strengthen it up a good amount. The issue is making sure the sleeving it done correctly. If its a good job its all positives from what I was told; if its done poor not some much. I would think if its a quality machine shop it would be gtg.

I would think, proper sleeving, partial fill, bedplate and you have a 7.3 block about as good as it gets.

Arisley

Reaction score
If you replace the casting plugs with threaded plugs, do not use pipe thread. Pipe threading will actually weaken things. You are threading a wedge in and actually trying to split the metal open.

2002FordPwr

Reaction score
When I asked about this a few years ago when I was going to do a fully build I was told it would stiffen/strengthen it up a good amount. The issue is making sure the sleeving it done correctly. If its a good job its all positives from what I was told; if its done poor not some much. I would think if its a quality machine shop it would be gtg.

I would think, proper sleeving, partial fill, bedplate and you have a 7.3 block about as good as it gets.

Tarm,

Can you Daily drive on a Partial fill?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.