Annnnd BOOM goes the dynomite

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yea, the sleeving isn't done because of any inherent issues with thin cylinder walls. It's simply done as a precautionary measure to mitigate any issues caused by improper coolant maintenance.

OSCS

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the torque plates? How it's done? Does it cost extra to do it that way? Ill ask how much extra it costs to drop some sleeves in.

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Can some one explain to me the benefits of block filling price, down side, material it actually is?

521turbo

Reaction score
Filling a block helps keep the block stable. But since you are driving it on the street you would only fill to the bottom of the soft plugs. You could also thread the soft plugs and put pipe plugs in which makes the block stronger also. Filling the block is cheap less than $100. You would want to fill it before you bore it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can some one explain to me the benefits of block filling price, down side, material it actually is?

I was told it stiffness up the block as it fills in waterjackets. There are partial fills for street driven trucks making power. Also fully filled for competition motors. Cost, I don't know.

OSCS

Reaction score
So it's perfectly safe for a DD build as long as its a partial fill. I wonder if the builder will still hold his warranty if he partially fills it

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I just picked most of the rocks out of some Quikrete and poured it in dry, then when i ran it i figured the water circulating would harden it up

Tom S

Reaction score
Can anyone think of a post regarding a cavitated block in last several years. I cannot remember one in a long time.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can anyone think of a post regarding a cavitated block in last several years. I cannot remember one in a long time.

I won't lie, it crossed my mind before. No coolant change for two years/55k miles but several people have told me it would take more than that.

I've heard about it but never seen it firsthand in a 7.3.

OSCS

Reaction score
I won't lie, it crossed my mind before. No coolant change for two years/55k miles but several people have told me it would take more than that.

I've heard about it but never seen it firsthand in a 7.3.

I haven't been on the boards very long but i havent heard of it happening. I think I'm going to take my chances with a re bore

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.