Best DoubleDin HeadUnit

00Rich

Reaction score
the new alpines are pretty sick. but if you can find one id go eclipse.

David S.

Reaction score
I just sold a pioneer d3 and it was a nice unit but the navigation that pioneer has is crap as mentioned above.
I just installed a kenwood dnx9600 and it's awesome.

Both have nice units under the 1k price point.

ended up going with this model kenwood! Should be here next week!

Mdub707

Reaction score
I know you already got one, but figured I'd post anyways for others interested...

Just a simple CD/MP3 player with USB and Aux In. When I first got this truck I was spending a TON of time in it, so I upgraded the deck and speakers and added Sirius too. I needed a deck that would do CD's, play MP3's, and accept USB and Ipod plugs. Mind you this was a few years ago, so it doesn't directly read Ipods, just runs through the aux input. It's a JVC XG-700, was aobut $199 new.

IMG_2133.jpg

bluedge8

Reaction score
Quick question, does anyone know if you can run an aux screen off of a head unit for the kids and run the radio at the same time?

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Depends on the unit. Alpine makes a kit that will run like that. The rear screens have wireless headphones that give them audio while you're listening to the radio.

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
I ended up with a Pioneer again and I'm very happy with it. The voice control and phone stuff work really well.

Goose

Reaction score
I know you already got one, but figured I'd post anyways for others interested...

Just a simple CD/MP3 player with USB and Aux In. When I first got this truck I was spending a TON of time in it, so I upgraded the deck and speakers and added Sirius too. I needed a deck that would do CD's, play MP3's, and accept USB and Ipod plugs. Mind you this was a few years ago, so it doesn't directly read Ipods, just runs through the aux input. It's a JVC XG-700, was aobut $199 new.

IMG_2133.jpg

That looks too GM to me.

This is what I am going to get http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113BT648U/Kenwood-KDC-BT648U.html?tp=5684&nvpair=FFBrand|Kenwood

David S.

Reaction score
I like that single-din Grayson. Seems like good reviews as well. After having a double din in my last truck I don't think I could ever go back to a singledin though.Just something about that 5" screen