Best DoubleDin HeadUnit

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Installed the Pioneer AVIC X930BT. Great features for the price. Audio is awesome. DVD (bypass modded) good pix quality. Navigation so far is spot on. Really pleased.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Ive had a couple of pioneers and kenwoods I like the kenwood ddx-514 its easy to navigate through the most just my 2 cents

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Ive had a couple of pioneers and kenwoods I like the kenwood ddx-514 its easy to navigate through the most just my 2 cents

I've also heard great things about the Kenwoods. Price was just too good to pass on the Pioneer. Its apples to apples, comes down to what works for you really.

David S.

Reaction score
Installed the Pioneer AVIC X930BT. Great features for the price. Audio is awesome. DVD (bypass modded) good pix quality. Navigation so far is spot on. Really pleased.

can't go wrong with a pioneer, lovin minee

Zmann

Reaction score
Me also ;-)

avhp3200bt_main-300x195.jpg

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Closest I've ever had to owning a Pioneer is Premier. That was a very nice single din unit, but last to head units I had before going with a Pioneer this time around were Nakamichi. I'm very pleased I went with the AVIC this go round. I was trepidatious at first because of all the bad press the navigation aspect was getting on here, but I would have to call that my favorite feature of the unit. The nav is SPOT on perfect, and that was before I found and isolated the VSS wire which I have working now as well. The only draw back or annoyance I have found is that I can't remove any of the mode choices from the list. So I have to scroll thru all of them even tho I won't use some of them most likely ever. Not a big deal just an observation. The dvd parked bypass works perfect and will come in handy keeping the crumb catchers occupied when traveling to VT and back every wknd in the winter. I'm convinced the unit was made for an iPod which is really what I listen to 98% of the time. The Pandora app is sweet also but definitely looses quality by streaming the info to the head unit via Bluetooth. Not bad just noticeable because I rip everything in apple lossless on my Ipod and it is probably the single biggest improvement to get audiophiles quality sound. The 8 band e.q. is nice but I really keep that set to flat or off because I like to get as close as possible to the original sound the artist layed down. Another nice feature is the sound field feature and the way a grid shows you where you are placing the focal point of the sweet spot. I need to play more with it to really explore all the features, but again so far very pleased with the choice. I'll live with the factory sub/amp for awhile more but will eventually throw a five channel amp in and either a stealth box or maybe a custom enclosure with a shallow 12" or 13" behind seat. The MOSFET amp that comes in the head unit powers the Memphis spkrs in the doors really well but the overall sound can always be cleaner with more juice.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
The absolute best is an Alpine unit, hands down.
Kenwood would follow
and then Pioneer.

JVC gets honorable mention as long as its an arsenal series. JVC Arsenals are top notch products.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Price is cheap enough but Id want something from one of the larger brand names. The off the wall ones usually are trouble.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Got a few year old Pioneer AVIC F700BT I believe it's called. Works good for my needs, with a few software hacks and my 120BG iPod. Does everything I need, plus I don't used DVD's, so being DVD incapable is fine with me.

I'm sure there are plenty of newer and better units out there, I haven't kept up with mobile audio/video lately, but it's a good unit IMO.

superstroked

Reaction score
I just installed an Kenwood DNX6180 in mine. Just grounded the parking brake wire for DVD to play while in motion. I have questions for you guys with Pandora app on the radio. Is there a way to get it to work with Android? Also, It would be nice be able to stream via the bluetooth as well...other that these two things this radio is pretty sweet and yes the nav with live traffic info is awesome!

Members online

No members online now.