Best DoubleDin HeadUnit

Goose

Reaction score
I like that single-din Grayson. Seems like good reviews as well. After having a double din in my last truck I don't think I could ever go back to a singledin though.Just something about that 5" screen

I just cant seem to pay that much for a double din when that single will so everything I need.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I have the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT in mine and love it!!!

SDC11730.png

David S.

Reaction score
Does it ever hurt your eyes at night like on long trips?

nope not at all. I can turn the level of brightness down if I need too, but it hasn't bothered me. Don't do much night driving though, except early in the mornings heading to work:pint:

Whytry

Reaction score
Yeah I do a lot of night driving right know. That is why I bought the head unit so I could flip it down.

average

Reaction score
I have the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT in mine and love it!!!

Do you have any of the options on it? HD radio, camera etc., if so would you recommend any? I've been thinking about this HU after wheels and tires, I had a Alpine W200 in my old expedition and I've been missing a good stereo.

David S.

Reaction score
Hd radio makes no sense to me IMO. I've got pandora on mine and it's really cool. free music is always a plus

jimdawg185

Reaction score
For the money the Clarion can not be beat. I never liked them until late, they have really stepped up the game.

David S.

Reaction score
For the money the Clarion can not be beat. I never liked them until late, they have really stepped up the game.

What model Clarion? All clarion's I messed with were complete junk. You get what you pay for

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I used to hate them. But the co-owner of my shop talked me into stocking their new stuff and we have had zero problems. The nx500 is a good unit for the price. I think the Pioneer's are the best units on the market, but it is hard to justify the cost difference for some. I am going to go to the nx500 after I sell my d2.

David S.

Reaction score
you really can't go wrong with pioneer either. Had that in my last truck and it was awesome, except I couldn't run my ipod cable thru the glovebox. I'm all about hiding the wires and having a clean install

jimdawg185

Reaction score
you really can't go wrong with pioneer either. Had that in my last truck and it was awesome, except I couldn't run my ipod cable thru the glovebox. I'm all about hiding the wires and having a clean install

That is the one thing that I was amazed about the Clarion. The bluetooth is flawless in its integration. You can control nearly everything on the HU from an Iphone. I have yet to try android yet. My D2 Pioneer is antiquated at best, but I know the newer ones have stepped it up a bit. I would like a z3 with AE on the hard drive as well as my my EFI Live and a cable for the flashcan, my F1 tuning device ect ect. But I don't have the extra 3k laying around yet. Tune from the front seat of my truck....

David S.

Reaction score
My buddy has got a new pioneer is his silverado ss and he can control the whole headunit from his iphone. pandora, itunes, movies, etc...all from a phone. Technology is amazing ain't it?

Members online

No members online now.