Best injectors for the street.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking.... I might sell the ***ker anyways lol , I really want one of them fancy 6.4s LOL

my79f

Reaction score
I have only read the last couple pages. Why not just go with the old reliable setup of - 238/100's or 250/200's usually in the same price range, a 38r, RR and be done with it. You already have an ADR, and that setup has been proven to make just under 500 without doing head work. Even on down the line if you want to step up, a 38r has shown to make a good HP turbo in compounds, and the injectors depending on choice should put you around 550 or more with tuning.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I have only read the last couple pages. Why not just go with the old reliable setup of - 238/100's or 250/200's usually in the same price range, a 38r, RR and be done with it. You already have an ADR, and that setup has been proven to make just under 500 without doing head work. Even on down the line if you want to step up, a 38r has shown to make a good HP turbo in compounds, and the injectors depending on choice should put you around 550 or more with tuning.

That's the route I'm going. Rosewood 238/100s. LOL

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I was wanting to go bigger, power wise, but started weighing my realistic uses for the truck. I tow with it, long distances, and usually in the 20k-25k gross area. The stone cold reliability of the way the truck behaved stock injectors, and turbo was one of the most important things, but I wanted to be able to put a cummins in it's place as well if the need arose. Tryin to stay within my budget, and not get into swapping rods out, etc., I figure a 160cc with a slightly bigger nozzle, good hpop, and a 38r would do just that. It seems that everybody on this site now, says go with a 250/200 and some t4 mount turbo, when you factor in the mount, good rods if you need them, and everything else, you're ~$5k just in connecting rods, and a place for the turbo to sit, before injectors, oil, etc., and then youve got a truck that can't do what it's intended for..tow, without having I'll side effects. Throw a 40' enclosed gooseneck behind a truck with that setup, and try to roll 75mph across I-44 in Oklahoma or Missouri..and tell me that egt's or smoke aren't an issue when pulling those damn rolling hills.

A 350-400rw 7.3 truck, especially a much lighter 2wd truck would be plenty of "fun" for 90% of your average guys out there, IMO.

People are towing things like that just fine without excessive egt's and smoke, with big injectors. It's all in the tuning, and with the advances in tuning lately it's becoming easier and easier. I tow anywhere from 5k or 10k to 20k rather regularly half of the year and I've got 160/30s right now, I feel that on some occasions the truck feels short on power but empty runs its ass off. I would recommend a stage I similar to what I have to anyone who doesn't plan on shooting for much more than 400 ponies.
But I want a little more balls behind my truck, so my plans are 250/200s, along with studs, valve springs, fuel system, an s400 turbo and sometime an hpop. And to continue towing with that setup.

Southstrokin, I see no reason why you couldn't run a set of 250/200s the way your truck sits with proper tuning for your setup. If guys are running 250/200 injectors with 15* and 17* hpops, stock turbos, and stock non intercooled obs turbos with success I don't see why you'd have a problem running a set with your adrenalin after they are detuned.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
People are towing things like that just fine without excessive egt's and smoke, with big injectors. It's all in the tuning, and with the advances in tuning lately it's becoming easier and easier. I tow anywhere from 5k or 10k to 20k rather regularly half of the year and I've got 160/30s right now, I feel that on some occasions the truck feels short on power but empty runs its ass off. I would recommend a stage I similar to what I have to anyone who doesn't plan on shooting for much more than 400 ponies.
But I want a little more balls behind my truck, so my plans are 250/200s, along with studs, valve springs, fuel system, an s400 turbo and sometime an hpop. And to continue towing with that setup.

Southstrokin, I see no reason why you couldn't run a set of 250/200s the way your truck sits with proper tuning for your setup. If guys are running 250/200 injectors with 15* and 17* hpops, stock turbos, and stock non intercooled obs turbos with success I don't see why you'd have a problem running a set with your adrenalin after they are detuned.

True, but now I'm going off my budget. $200 goes a long way for my college lifestyle. Also I'm going with a s366xl so that will be a great match for the 238s. My truck is a light 2wd so ill be happy with 500 plus hp...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Out of all the injectors I have run the best so far for a great DD truck...

AC's... Only thing I would change is adding a 80% nozzle to them.

I love my 250/200, but there a bit much for every day driving. You have to drive your truck, you cant just set the cruise and go.

Gearhead

Reaction score

I love my 250/200, but there a bit much for every day driving. You have to drive your truck, you cant just set the cruise and go.

So you aren't TOTALLY happy with the 200% nozzles everyone seems to be raving about.... You and I agree on this.

Tom S

Reaction score

What would be the real difference between AC with and without nozzles. I am quite happy with my current set up but am open to new ideas.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So you aren't TOTALLY happy with the 200% nozzles everyone seems to be raving about.... You and I agree on this.

I am very happy with the 250/200's, I would not run a 100% nozzle on a 250cc injector...

However anything above an AC injector IMHO is not a set it and forget it injector... Anyone that says they can tow anything they want with anything bigger then a stage 2 and not have to drive there truck is lying or has a procharger in line with another turbo.

I can set it and forget it pulling 18k, with the water injection on, but when I burn thru 9 gallons... I am back to driving the truck.

I'm over the HP bug, way over it... I want a truck I can just drive and not even HAVE to have gauges. Sounds weird coming from me but I just cant do it anymore. Blowing up a few motors will do that to a guy.

AC's in the Excursion are just slick as hell, but with a 80% nozzle it would open them up a bit allowing less PW with the same HP level.

Just my opinion...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe If you want to get rid of the 250/200s I know a good home for them

LOL... There not going anywhere, and you would not want mine anyway.

My Cores have over 400k on them, about every injector builder in the buss has had there hands in them at some point...

If I blow another motor more then likely I will step back to another set of AC's from David, but mine will have 100% nozzles.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I dont understand how you can set it and forget it. I "drive" my truck no matter what the conditions are. To me that sounds like your reclining and not doing the job right. The only time that i would agree to your statement joe, is when i first put this setup together, i had to actually drive it none stop to keep smoke down and egt's low. But once i got in that groove i never really "need to drive" it. Most of the driving it part is all in my tuning any way. Once matt can tune this i will be alot happier with it.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The perfect nozzle doesn't exist yet for the hot street 7.3..... I like the 80% over the 100% because the 100% nozzles aren't always the same and some are sloppy for some reason. Since the 80 and 100% start off as the same EDM hole size, the extrude hone makes up the difference. I don't like using nozzles that have been extrude honed more than 30% over their orig EDM flow rate. Extrude hone works great to knock off the rough edges but shouldn't be used to increase flow much.

Something may be in the works but I can't say for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.