Best injectors for the street.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
LOL... There not going anywhere, and you would not want mine anyway.

My Cores have over 400k on them, about every injector builder in the buss has had there hands in them at some point...

If I blow another motor more then likely I will step back to another set of AC's from David, but mine will have 100% nozzles.

LOL thanks for your honesty!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I dont understand how you can set it and forget it. I "drive" my truck no matter what the conditions are. To me that sounds like your reclining and not doing the job right. The only time that i would agree to your statement joe, is when i first put this setup together, i had to actually drive it none stop to keep smoke down and egt's low. But once i got in that groove i never really "need to drive" it. Most of the driving it part is all in my tuning any way. Once matt can tune this i will be alot happier with it.

If I lived where you do, I bet I could set it and forget it...

You dont have mountians, whats the highest alt you have out there? 2500 feet?

I miss the days of just punching the accel and going. Not looking back to see if I am smoking out anyone, checking the gauges to make sure I am in check...

I'm old man...

juniort444e

Reaction score
If I lived where you do, I bet I could set it and forget it...

You dont have mountians, whats the highest alt you have out there? 2500 feet?

I miss the days of just punching the accel and going. Not looking back to see if I am smoking out anyone, checking the gauges to make sure I am in check...

I'm old man...

Honestly i have no clue. Nothing like out there. But we do have some steep ones here and there. I still have to watch mine, it is a non stop puffing of smoke. My current tuner has it that way to keep the pmr's alive. Once i get the new setup i hope that'll all be taking care of and im planning on matt live tuning it. But i am a very defensive/aggressive driver, so im non stop paying attention to everything around me, and noticing the smoke bothers me. I was just simply stating that i very rarely set it and forget it, thatll get me into trouble.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I've actually seen some 200% that were cleaner than 100%......

Just curious. The upper statement about the hype had me worried. I got mine from Nate @unlimited. Just a little fyi. Not sure who's are the best but he gave me one hell of a deal that i just couldnt pass up.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Honestly i have no clue. Nothing like out there. But we do have some steep ones here and there. I still have to watch mine, it is a non stop puffing of smoke. My current tuner has it that way to keep the pmr's alive. Once i get the new setup i hope that'll all be taking care of and im planning on matt live tuning it. But i am a very defensive/aggressive driver, so im non stop paying attention to everything around me, and noticing the smoke bothers me. I was just simply stating that i very rarely set it and forget it, thatll get me into trouble.

To be clear, once I have the turbo lit I have a light haze... Also keep in mind my motor has 320-330psi compression at 3500'...

Today coming back from Denver to Penrose (about 110 miles or so) I set the cruise at 82-84mph, running about 2500RPM's at 950-1000* EGT... About 8-12# boost.

Truck weighs 8900# when cruising down the road, right now I would bet its close to 9k with the crap in the bed...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I think I get what Joe is saying.

What I am getting at is how fun is it to drive a 450hp 7.3, watching the gauges, watching the rear view mirror for smoke, waiting for something to break...

Now jump into a 6.4 or a 6.7 and tune it to 450hp...

Set it, and forget it...

How much more relaxing of a drive is that going to be, how much more relaxed are you going to be when you get to your destination...

juniort444e

Reaction score
At 70mph at 2000rpm my egts range from 1000-1500 depending on grade. On flat ground cruising its normally 1150 or so. So yea my tuning is just a tad screwed. And that whole time its puffing, while on a flat road. If i dont keep the rpms up in a certain speed forget it. Itll bog down and smoke out a city.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
At 70mph at 2000rpm my egts range from 1000-1500 depending on grade. On flat ground cruising its normally 1150 or so. So yea my tuning is just a tad screwed. And that whole time its puffing, while on a flat road. If i dont keep the rpms up in a certain speed forget it. Itll bog down and smoke out a city.

Is that towing or just driving?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I agree with the having to drive your truck rather than just punching it and going, but i think a lot of that is tuning.

Once i get these 200% nozzles live tuned i will be an extremely happy owner. whether you go 200cc or 400cc, id get a 200% nozzle

juniort444e

Reaction score
Hey dont be dissin my bumper. Plus the intercooler is above it. If anything it helps bring the front end lower to the ground where the air is cooler.

Fyi its 260ish. Pmrs, trans problems and tuning are killing me right now. But all soon to change.

Tom S

Reaction score
Interesting how the last couple of comments are about once my tuning is............

juniort444e

Reaction score
I only speak the truth about my current setup. Not sure what your getting at, but i already talked to matt, and im kind of in a pickle right now to say the least. Tuning is everything tho, or close to it, oh and pmr's dont help with anything.

Gearhead

Reaction score
There's just too many chances to get under a 4202, stack some fuel in the cylinders from the previous cycle and Boom.... bye bye PMRs.

Gearhead

Reaction score
It is possible to get under the turbo leave some "wet" fuel in the cylinders for a few cycles and kaboom. Windows version 7.3..... This is even with mild timing events.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.