Best LED headlight bulbs

cappa

Reaction score
google auxbeam i bought my headlight LED bulbs from them. been working great for about 3 months now. at some point I may just buy their LED bulbs for the fogs as well instead of doing a full LED pod replacement kit as it seems cheaper and easier lol

Curios how the hi/low action is with these bulbs?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Im running stark h10s in the fog housing and the h13 in headlight, awesome bulbs! Extremely bright!

Attachments

• IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 168

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Kind of relevant. I just put the rough country led fogs in and they are pretty decent. For $99 bucks they are plug and play just take the bumper of which is easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I'm still running the Lifetime 22w bulbs for headlights and Rigid D2's for fogs. On my second set of Lifetimes but the newer ones have been flawless. Let me know if anyone wants pricing.

Kenz

Reaction score
hi beams work awesome. low beams are fine for city driving or anywhere that is some what lit up. but in rural areas i always use my hi beams

Is there a noticeable difference between low and high beams? I have been finding out a lot of the LED's have no/little difference. Also are you able to rotate them to clock them?

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just remember led bulbs don't make forward facing heat. Only the back side gets hot on them. So snow, ice, etc will not melt away from the headlights so you have to pull over and clear your headlights from time to time. Not good in my opinion.

Kenz

Reaction score
Just remember led bulbs don't make forward facing heat. Only the back side gets hot on them. So snow, ice, etc will not melt away from the headlights so you have to pull over and clear your headlights from time to time. Not good in my opinion.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this? I live in WI and that would not be good.

Kenz

Reaction score
I was worried about that as well living in New York.

Side note, I think the brand I just purchased was "OPT 7".

So I am assuming if you just purchased you haven't been in the snow yet? How are the OPT7 as far as the high / low and light pattern? They rate real high on Amazon.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Correct. No snow as of yet, but definitely brighter than OEM (not blinding) in both high/low.

All in all, coming from HID these are well worth the investment!

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
From http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/tech-qa/1609-answers-to-all-your-jeep-tech-questions/

LED Headlights in Snow
My girlfriend wanted better lighting for her 2012 JK, so she installed the Trucklite LED headlights (yes, she installed them, couldn't wait for me to get off work). They are great. Good pattern and tons of light output. However, snow accumulates on them in a snowstorm and causes them to be much less effective. At that point, the crappy little factory foglights (halogens) throw out more light. I guess that the low power draw of LEDs is a very attractive feature, but the lack of heat to melt off snow is an issue, especially on the lonely Nevada highways. Is there a solution to this? I see that tons of new vehicles come with LED headlights. Have they solved the issue?
Randy
Via [email protected]
LED headlights are a popular upgrade for JKs, but after doing a little research it appears that snow accumulation is a common problem for all aftermarket LED headlight manufacturers and is not specific to Truck-Lite. It seems that the company is also aware of the issue because it has released a heated LED headlight kit, which is available from places like Quadratec (quadratec.com). The newer version of the headlights include a heated lens that automatically activates under 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Unfortunately, this doesn't help your girlfriend's situation, as these heated lenses can't be retrofitted onto unheated lights.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hids have really worked great for me. Ive had my retrosolution hids for quite a few years now and they have been super reliable. I like the led concept just not in headlights. I use leds in all other lighting though.

Kenz

Reaction score
Hids have really worked great for me. Ive had my retrosolution hids for quite a few years now and they have been super reliable. I like the led concept just not in headlights. I use leds in all other lighting though.

Surprised there isn't more people talking about snow and ice on the lenses. Crazy how I read that some people love their HID and some have nothing but problems. I thought LED might be a viable solution. I may just end up going with Phillips Xtra vision. I have heard some good things about them.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I noticed snow buildup on my lights last year, but a quick stop and brushoff helps that out. NJ is so anal about your car being cleaned off (roofs, lights, license plates visible) that I'm used to very thoroughly cleaning the truck off before driving.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Same in NY, although they usually do not enforce anything until a mound of ice or snow slides off the roof of a truck/ambulance/bus in front of you and causes mayhem.

Latest posts

Members online