Best LED headlight bulbs

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The gen2 lifetimes have worked really well IMO. It has been mentioned earlier in this thread that they all have their issues (which they do). Personally I have had the best luck with the gen2 lifetimes. NOT the 70w. The 70w seem to be pretty problematic. I always tell people that the LED are the best drop in solution vs stock bulbs, since they typically have a better beam pattern than HIDs but they are still nowhere near as close to what you get out of a projector retrofit.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
I have the lifetime bulbs in my 05 and my 12. I'm very unhappy w them. The light output sucks.
Switched mine out back to stock myself in my 04. I know I have the older headlight but all the led was a bright light with little output.

The fact of no difference between high and low was really discouraging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jwlandry

Reaction score
That's pretty much how mine is. I have the Gen2 ones also. There's dark spots in the beam pattern and absolutely no difference between high and low beam. Guess I'm gonna go to a quality HID setup.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Not sure which Gen I had but they are the 70 watt so maybe that's why I wasn't pleased?

The fact I had to order a different style locking ring was another unpleasant experience.

May upgrade to some sylvan bulbs from wally world once these Napa bulbs burn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

c63 AMG

Reaction score
I was going led bulbs but seems like a headache. Thinking about rigid dot legal fogs and silverstar headlights bulbs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I was going led bulbs but seems like a headache. Thinking about rigid dot legal fogs and silverstar headlights bulbs now.

The rigid DOT legal fogs are awesome. Hands down best usable on road fog setup there is.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The dot's are sweet but I love my high lows. On low beams I hardly ever get flashed and when I hit my brights I can actually people saying wtf in there car LOL

CMCx2012

Reaction score
So the consensus is that the second gen Lifetime LED's are a good choice with the intention of getting a relatively painless 1 year max life? LOL.

08Monster

Reaction score
I personally don't have any experience with the 70w, but I can tell you that my 22w bulbs are plenty bright. I would say they are really close to factory HID's. Very bright especially coupled with the Lifetime cubes for fog lights. PM or post up any more questions!
I need some 70w lifetimes. PM with order info!

Koda22

Reaction score
So far what I'm reading hid and led are gonna be about the same as far as problems go.....light about if better with hid, but more controlled with led....so my thoughts here are do I spend $150 on led and hope or should I just buy about set of $50-$60 hid.....????

981kirk

Reaction score
I just bought a 2016 F350 and need bright lights. Looks like these are really good. Can you recommend these over others? If so, what is the description exactly so I can get some? Thanks for your help.

Cpstanley

Reaction score
I just bought a 2016 F350 and need bright lights. Looks like these are really good. Can you recommend these over others? If so, what is the description exactly so I can get some? Thanks for your help.

Checkout auxbeam.com

I am running their product and have been very happy. No problems to date. I also have their led back up lights and 5" drivers. Great company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
I'm hoping these from Auxbeam.com work because I am not willing to pay $150-$200 for just some bulbs and the accompanying accessories. I want brighter lights but that's a lot of money just to "light up the road" a little more with low beams. And if I need more light I it's typically not when I'm driving on the road so I'll use an LED bar or something instead

Cpstanley

Reaction score
I'm hoping these from Auxbeam.com work because I am not willing to pay $150-$200 for just some bulbs and the accompanying accessories. I want brighter lights but that's a lot of money just to "light up the road" a little more with low beams. And if I need more light I it's typically not when I'm driving on the road so I'll use an LED bar or something instead

Agreed. The hi/low headlights I bought from them are very bright. They sell some of their stuff on Amazon and it is rumored that Auxbeam in the manufacturer for the ARB lights that are crazy expensive. Let me know when you get them and what your thoughts are.

Kenz

Reaction score
Anything new in the LED department. I really want to do something brighter than stock. I am looking for something reliable.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
google auxbeam i bought my headlight LED bulbs from them. been working great for about 3 months now. at some point I may just buy their LED bulbs for the fogs as well instead of doing a full LED pod replacement kit as it seems cheaper and easier lol

Latest posts

Members online