Big Oil and Big fuel not so big..

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
ok I got a few more miles on the rig last night, truck drives around really well. Starts great, idols great, no more smoke and hazing off stop lights and seams to have some pretty good power but I had to do a head gasket because im retarted so I haven't pushed the motor at all.

The bad....

Truck seams to still have a buck, so yes I bought a motor thinking it was my issue with the heads and hoping to solve my issue 100%. HOWEVER, my other motor was NOT fun to drive around and was popping out the exhaust and did not idol well towards the end before removal.(I did roll all the push rods on a piece of glass, zero were bad)

I did a contribution test and I show cylinders 7 and 8 come up. Before I would change to the correct tune for the truck whether it was gearhead or PHP and it would be un drivable, bucking and miserable. now no matter the tune now apon light accel its this ever so slight buck. I have a feeling its the oil side of one of the injectors...I may have to call Full Force again and see if they can take another look.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
It has to be the oil side of the injectors... On the ride home it started forming it's old habits again with bucking low power. I got pissed and stomped it in the hot tune and had no more power than my test tune again. History is repeating itself. I can't complain because I have a great clean fresh motor and a billet builder but I really really just want out what I put into the motor. It should be a monster and it's not unfortunately.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
spoke with cass today. He was pretty stumped as to why its still doing it as the injectors are flowed with up to 3500PSI with a thinner oil so it should have show something.. great.

However hes going to send me a set from the shop for me to try and I should have some by the weekend. Said they might be the set out of the drag truck they just yanked so lets hope I can give them bad boys a spin what ever they are LOL

02BigD

Reaction score
Not to be a "we tried to tell you" but this is exactly why these engines/trucks need to be fully troubleshooted from an electrical standpoint before people start just throwing parts at them.

I am not only pointing this out to the OP, but also the members and guests that may have come across this through searching.

PSD715

Reaction score
Tps? I had one do something similar and never throw a code.
Dunno the dif between obs and sd as far as that goes though.

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
Not to be a "we tried to tell you" but this is exactly why these engines/trucks need to be fully troubleshooted from an electrical standpoint before people start just throwing parts at them.

I am not only pointing this out to the OP, but also the members and guests that may have come across this through searching.

^^^ THIS!!!!

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I had indeed tried a different throttle pedal, out of my brothers 97 which yielded the same results. I fully charged the batteries while they were out during the motor swap. alternator has been healthy and always charging to ~14.1 to 14.2.

Im absolutely not disagreeing with you guys but there only a few plugs to plug in and a few grounds to double check on the motor. Keep in mind the motor was healthy and powerful before I did heads and injectors. While pulling my motor back out again I did not notice any grounds that were not grounded or anything out of the ordinary.

Only parts I swapped over from my motor to the new motor were the FF 350/200 injectors, Melling LPOP, HPX tube, Headstuds and Comp 910 Valve springs. Everything was new to install with the heads I had put on my original motor besides the headstuds and valve springs. The springs all appeared to look healthy and still pretty stiff(I do not have the valve spring tool to check strength) as they only have a couple thousand miles on them so I figured ill run them until I can get a set of beehives I like.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
did I ever mention this thing has a flap in the exhaust when its cold and starts first thing in the morning? like an injector is firing halfway or something. clears up after about a minute of running but starts to buck pretty good after oil temp has reached around 120° and up

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
did I ever mention this thing has a flap in the exhaust when its cold and starts first thing in the morning? like an injector is firing halfway or something. clears up after about a minute of running but starts to buck pretty good after oil temp has reached around 120° and up

That would be your ebpv...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
im honestly really really hoping it is them. I got word cass has another set of 350/200s ready for the bench for me to try. we shall see!

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Ok guys I wanted to shoot you all an update. I received a warranty set of 350/200 this past Saturday! HUGE thanks to Cass for the overnight Saturday delivery. got the truck up and running and instantly saw a difference. power is crazy now! egts are MUCH better(went from 800 flat to 650 flat like it used to be), pulls like a freight train and the best thing is....almost smoke free!! my low tune that did 444/802 on the t500 running out of oil pulls HARD now. I cant even hit 1/4 throttle with out cooking the tires unless you roll on the throttle.

HOWEVER, im still bucking. This means I was fighting 2 issues at the same time, smoked injector(s), high egts and bucking. at this point I will just deal with it because the truck can do what its supposed to do now and mainly because im out of ideas. I even started getting a consistent CPS code which I swapped out with zero change in behavior. Im waiting for something to crap out if it even will so I can actually narrow down what is doing causing it.

I even tried swapping the UVCHs with no luck.

Latest posts

Members online