BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Picked up a K&P Engineering oil filter yesterday from Nate and Unlimited Diesel Performance (showed up just in time to watch them fire up the p pumped 7.3). Took some pictures for anyone not familiar with them. 5 micron rating and flows way more than a paper element and reusable. Just clean them out with brake cleaner every oil change. Also has a magnet to help trap any metal. Pretty sweet little deal. Also comes with an adapter plate to be compatible with the 5.9 and others not just the 6.7 powerstroke. Also comes with a wrench adapter that slides on the bottom and extra rings.

View attachment 36302
View attachment 36303View attachment 36304
View attachment 36305
View attachment 36306

way cool, i want one.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Picked up a K&P Engineering oil filter yesterday from Nate and Unlimited Diesel Performance (showed up just in time to watch them fire up the p pumped 7.3). Took some pictures for anyone not familiar with them. 5 micron rating and flows way more than a paper element and reusable. Just clean them out with brake cleaner every oil change. Also has a magnet to help trap any metal. Pretty sweet little deal. Also comes with an adapter plate to be compatible with the 5.9 and others not just the 6.7 powerstroke. Also comes with a wrench adapter that slides on the bottom and extra rings.

View attachment 36302
View attachment 36303View attachment 36304
View attachment 36305
View attachment 36306

Not gonna lie, I want to spend a lot of money on an oil filter LOL
That thing is cool

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
How's the trunk running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet. Basically completely back together just waiting for DPC to be over. Pretty much everyone involved in the break in and tuning stage is busy haha. Is what it is.
way cool, i want one.
Definitely man. Give Nate a call he'd send you one for sure. I was impressed by them. I think it'll work good... looks good too to match my No Limit IC

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I want to spend a lot of money on an oil filter LOL
That thing is cool
Lol I know it's a lot for a filter but for quality and performance wise I though it was reasonable. I actually thought it'd be more after seeing the setup UDP has on their 7.3

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Not yet. Basically completely back together just waiting for DPC to be over. Pretty much everyone involved in the break in and tuning stage is busy haha. Is what it is.

Definitely man. Give Nate a call he'd send you one for sure. I was impressed by them. I think it'll work good... looks good too to match my No Limit IC

oh dont kid i'm all over it , i love that people like you exist, finding cool niche stuff. i'll call him monday .

leland88

Reaction score
In the long term the filter is worth it. 300 to buy divide by 20 buck is 15 filter. So If your doing 5k miles per old change that's 75000 miles and the filters payed for it self.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that the build is looking KILLER! I am no where near reaching a decision on the turbo, but I am sure I know who I will be calling and using for my project. If you don't mind me asking, what were some of the factors that ultimately led YOU to make the decision to ditch the 4094? The whistle above all else is certainly the deciding factor for me as I wont be racing the truck, but I sure need that F-16 whistle...

Cant wait to see your final results. Cheers!

dseitler

Reaction score
It's Funny how the YouTube video's I posted a couple of years ago with the 4094 put more comments about the whistle in my email box than the clowns selling life insurance do!

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that the build is looking KILLER! I am no where near reaching a decision on the turbo, but I am sure I know who I will be calling and using for my project. If you don't mind me asking, what were some of the factors that ultimately led YOU to make the decision to ditch the 4094? The whistle above all else is certainly the deciding factor for me as I wont be racing the truck, but I sure need that F-16 whistle...

Cant wait to see your final results. Cheers!

Thanks. I decided to switch for tuning and to use the 6466 in a compound setup if I want to in the future.

It's Funny how the YouTube video's I posted a couple of years ago with the 4094 put more comments about the whistle in my email box than the clowns selling life insurance do!

Lol I'm pretty sure I left a comment about it whistling too. Louder the whistle is directly equivalent to how cool you are. Kinda like having Forces or Light bars.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Thanks. I decided to switch for tuning and to use the 6466 in a compound setup if I want to in the future.

Lol I'm pretty sure I left a comment about it whistling too. Louder the whistle is directly equivalent to how cool you are. Kinda like having Forces or Light bars.

I sure am guilty of the same thing! Maybe I even posted TWO comments, lol..

MorganY

Reaction score
I forgot to mention Jared from RCD set aside an H&S Low pressure pump for me. I'll have plenty of fuel and didn't really want 2 stock pumps. It's a cool idea but I'd rather only have 1 filter to replace. Plus it'll support fuel demands if I decide to go bigger injectors/turbos in the future. That's the only addition from the last update.

It's all tradeoffs, in my opinion it is the most relaible. 2 f-lpfp's will support through 100 overs. Unfortunately, changing 3 total filters is the only downside.

Turbo kit looks professional as always. The 6466 should work really well.

I missed it, but did you drop in a factory longblock?

swinky

Reaction score
It's all tradeoffs, in my opinion it is the most relaible. 2 f-lpfp's will support through 100 overs. Unfortunately, changing 3 total filters is the only downside.

Couldn't you run 1/2" lines to each pump then a Y with say a 5/8 feed from the sump with a filter base?

Tank-sump-5/8" hose-filter-Y-1/2" hose to each pump....

And run each pump without a filter?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

Yeah there's always plenty of Positives vs Negatives... and then opinions thrown in on top lol. I considered all them and decided with the H&S kit. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything pans out with the 6466 kit. I have high hopes for it. And I could always use the 6466 in a compound set up down the road (I've already talked to Jared about it)... maybe shoot for DPC 2018 LOL. Yes, I started from scratch and did a 2015 longblock and turned in my block. I'll post an up to date parts list.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Couldn't you run 1/2" lines to each pump then a Y with say a 5/8 feed from the sump with a filter base?

Tank-sump-5/8" hose-filter-Y-1/2" hose to each pump....

And run each pump without a filter?

No filters... idk if I could sleep at night knowing the quality of some of the diesel stations in bfe Ohio

swinky

Reaction score
No filters... idk if I could sleep at night knowing the quality of some of the diesel stations in bfe Ohio
Cat, fleetguard or racor filters on the frame. I'm curious what Morgan has to say about it because I'm running a 6.7 pump on my truck and can only buy the filters in pairs so it's expensive for one filter I'll use and one I'll throw away.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Cat, fleetguard or racor filters on the frame. I'm curious what Morgan has to say about it because I'm running a 6.7 pump on my truck and can only buy the filters in pairs so it's expensive for one filter I'll use and one I'll throw away.

Ok I see what you're saying. I'd be interested to see what he says too. I definitely respect everything that man has to say