Builds DONE!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
This is the best time, right when you are starting a build and then towards the end when you know that you will be driving a whole new truck soon. Good luck, hope it makes you :D

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
6.0 manifolds with a custom set of up pipes and for turbos im looing at a 66 and an 88 compound set up with the 88 in the fender well

If you guys can think of anything im missing, or can throw in any input let me know

An option could be to run one of our 63 or 66 vgts. We are gonna offer them separate and the T4 casting so you could run an 88 atmosphere. That way you can have nice throttle response until the 88 comes alive. Same thing dustin is doing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm driving around on a single 63 vgt right now... And it flat gets it and lights instantly. Prolly makes 500-525.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
not to hijack josh's thread but what happened to your high powers?

Lol idc my threads can go wherever Its the way good info gets brought up, but I'm thinking that might be a good option and then maybe even go bigger on the atmosphere

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
not to hijack josh's thread but what happened to your high powers?

The shop that put my motor back in put the wg pipe on backward, I guess it's easy to do if you don't pay attention , so it got bound up and the weld cracked. I wish I would known because since I got it back , it had a weird vibration at 5 psi out of the big turbo. Anyway, against the advice of tadd, I striped the street the other day, and at 37-38 psi the thing was getting it. I was pretty shocked how hard it pulled.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The shop that put my motor back in put the wg pipe on backward, I guess it's easy to do if you don't pay attention , so it got bound up and the weld cracked. I wish I would known because since I got it back , it had a weird vibration at 5 psi out of the big turbo. Anyway, against the advice of tadd, I striped the street the other day, and at 37-38 psi the thing was getting it. I was pretty shocked how hard it pulled.

That was the reason for the weld breaking? Fun stuff. How is the single taking care of the smoke?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

How did they put the WG pipe in backwards? How is the even possible, it wouldn't match up. Sounds like that shop fed you a line of bullshine.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How did they put the WG pipe in backwards? How is the even possible, it wouldn't match up. Sounds like that shop fed you a line of bullshine.

Have you seen the plumbing for high powers? It doesn't gate to the down pipe. Total different plumbing. It's v banded on each end and Tadd told me they most likely put it on backward because it is very possible to 180 that pipe. The shop is not even aware of what happened.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess I would have to look at the picture of them again. I could have swore it dumped to the down pipe.

This pipe goes from the big turbo to the manifold iirc. I honestly haven't looked very deep, just saw the crack and said darn. Guess I'll send it back to elite for another 400 horse power. I never had the weird vibration until the motor swap so something has been arye. When the pipe broke the vibration went away. Because I have multiple boost gauges I can see. The big turbo makes no boost and it whoosh's... But I'm still making good boost with pretty high bp and alot more temps. Truck drives good, in driving it everyday.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
does anyone else have their truck shake at stop lights? Just like sometimes the whole truck will shake side to side

Jhaddox

Reaction score
does anyone else have their truck shake at stop lights? Just like sometimes the whole truck will shake side to side

That's not good..

And :whs: any codes coming up, pull em on the DD maybe you have a soft code stored that hasn't thrown a CEL yet

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
An option could be to run one of our 63 or 66 vgts. We are gonna offer them separate and the T4 casting so you could run an 88 atmosphere. That way you can have nice throttle response until the 88 comes alive. Same thing dustin is doing.

Been what I've been thinking since seeing it done with the cummins guys. Smaller secondary, wastegate, big primary. Best of both.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Sounds like a miss. Are you getting any balance codes?

No codes what so ever. Been doing it since I did my little build that finished up about a year ago.

That's not good..

And :whs: any codes coming up, pull em on the DD maybe you have a soft code stored that hasn't thrown a CEL yet

Check codes all the time, never get anything. It doesn't seem right though

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.