Cam Swap on stock 6.0L....

fordboy11

Reaction score
But has Andy or Jesse tried the new RCD cams? I'd like them to try one and see how much difference there will be from the Straub if any!

No I Know honestly Andy hasn't But im not sure what Jesse has used in his builds, but im quite certain he hasn't used them in his trucks.

Straubtech

Reaction score
I'll post the overlay of before and after. Issues yes. Now remember I am a cam guy so all your lingo I am not familar with but apparently the the oil pump filter was clogged up and the oil pressure was only reading 3.0 and should be 4.2, so it was down 30%. Could not get fuel to engine.

The cam made 317HP from 2600 to 3600 rpm and never moved since it could not get anymore fuel. Compared to the OEM camshaft, the Straub cam made the same power 600 rpm earlier. The torque increase is HUGE and FLAT. The powerband is much broader and much flatter. Peak torque looks to be around 2300-2500 and it is 637#/ft.

Straubtech

Reaction score
Looks like the torque increase is 100#/ft. New peak torque rpm is 2600 rpm. Old peak torque rpm is 3200 rpm.

Straubtech

Reaction score
If somebody can help me post this picture of the overlay I would appreciate it. At 47 I can admit I am technologically challenged. My cell is 423 773 4090. Txt me and I will send you picture of the overlay to post.

Straubtech

Reaction score
Again fella's, I'm am a nobody from the gas world that fooled with this diesel stuff back in the 80's and they were Allis, Oliver, and Deere diesels.

So I am going to make some lingo mistakes until I get it down.

Latest posts

Members online