CCV to exhaust modification

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to do this to. The haze and stink isn't becoming of v ice

Wayne

Reaction score
I never put a gauge on mine. I actually have it disconnected right now as it's been ever since I did the billet elite ccv. I didn't want to hassle with it since the exhaust fitting accepts one 1" hose, and now I have. Two 3/4" hoses there. It hardly breathes at all ever since the new bottom end with gapless rings so I just haven't cared. No exhaust ever comes out the fitting that I just left open though, so that's saying something. We also did this on Erik's truck with two 1" venturis, and it works great. You can see pics in his build thread.

stroken

Reaction score
the 70* angle youre talking about, is the the angle of the cut on the peice of pipe? os is that he angle in which it is in the echaust pipe?

stroken

Reaction score
Maybe? Is the pipe that the hose goes onto flush with the exhaust pipe? Or is there a hole drilled in the exhaust the tht pipe slides into. Like an egt probe sorta... Sorry I can't really explain what in trying to ask

stroken

Reaction score
Maybe im just lost lol. I see the pipe slides into the exhaust pipe. is the pipe welded at a 70* angle or is the pipe cut at a 70* angle, or both?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Maybe im just lost lol. I see the pipe slides into the exhaust pipe. is the pipe welded at a 70* angle or is the pipe cut at a 70* angle, or both?

I get what you are asking and I don't know 100% (hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in), but I believe in order to get the Venturi effect, the CCV nozzle must protrude into the exhaust so I assume the only 70 degree angle would be the angle at which the nozzle enters the exhaust. In other words, I don't think you put cut angle into the CCV nozzle itself.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
my assumption, is wayne did, in a attempt to help stop soot from collecting in the end of the pipe.

but your right, technically the end of the pipe, needs to be flush with the inside of the exhaust pipe.

otherwise, refer to the water and the rock analogy i made.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I done mine exactly like Wayne did his on page one, just did two ports in the exhaust. I wouldn't do it any other way, keeps the haze and smell pretty much gone rather than have it dumping under the cab etc.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Further back. Think it's the first full 5 inch straight section. I'll get some pics here in a day or so since someone else sent me a pm asking also

DWhite

Reaction score
I also ran my CCV to a catch can then into the exhaust. It is done just as this one but I didn't see the thread about it until after I spoke to Morgan@Midwest about doing it and how he recommend doing it. I followed his suggestions and I haven't had a problem yet. I feel if I would have put it up farther in the exhaust it would have cleaned up the haze a bit more, mine is plugged in a foot or so before the rear axle.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Are you guys having that much of an issue with the haze and smell? I have the No Limit CCV reroute kit and it dumps to atmosphere, I seem to see no haze and don't get the stink. Maybe I just don't notice cuz I have a regular cab?

Wayne

Reaction score
Mine worked flawlessly from day 1. Maybe some day we'll get fancy, and have check valved venturi kits to vent enough for these diesel trucks. Until then, gotta stick with whatever you come up with similar to these deals. Just be sure you put it after any muffler/cat/dpf that may cause a restriction, or it'll be pumping additional pressure into the crank case.

Latest posts

Members online