Changed out the Borg Warner 84mm for a GT 55

Extended Power

Reaction score
All together again.
Down pipe needed 6 pie cuts to fit right, major work to the headlight bucket, all new 6" air inlet tube, and a new filter, redone the discharge pipe, and wallah...it's done.
Then it frickin rained out, with a bit of hail, just in case I had any intention of driving it today...BALLZ!!

image.jpg3_5.png

image.jpg1_7.png

image.jpg2_7.png

If It Ain't Broke...Fix It Until It Is!!!
Last edited by Extended Power; Today at 09:36 PM.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Picked up the new 69/74/.91 this afternoon....
Can't wait to get it on, and go for a rip!

20150703_202748.jpg

20150703_202811.jpg

Extended Power

Reaction score
Swapped out the T4 X .83 exhaust housing on the 66/68.
Installed the old T3 x .70 gated housing.

External gate only burps a couple times on a WOT run now instead of open/close/open/close, etc.

Way more off the line power and torque, and way better top end...until it runs out of fuel.

I can lift my foot off the go pedal during a WOT run, and there is no change in power/speed.
That's all she's got for 285/100's...

Looking for bigger injectors again...

FaSSt9602

Reaction score

External gate only burps a couple times on a WOT run now instead of open/close/open/close, etc.

Way more off the line power and torque, and way better top end...until it runs out of fuel.

I can lift my foot off the go pedal during a WOT run, and there is no change in power/speed.

So you just debunked the "T3 housing is too small" debate?

Extended Power

Reaction score
So you just debunked the "T3 housing is too small" debate?

I have zero doubt that the .70 is a better housing.
Tight, for off the line performance and torque, and the internal gate helps drive the snot out of the primary charger before the big external gate opens up, and spoils all the fun.

The T4 x .83 housing I had was off a S200, so it had smaller ports...which should have had better response then the full port size T4 x .84 housing. (But less total flow)

I don't even wanna try a bigger housing...the T3 is waaaaaaaay funner.

Last edited:

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Well, I know Shawn always loved that T3 gated .70ar housing for his compound builds. I'm assuming that the internal gate isn't enough at WOT, since your external gate is opening. Wonder what your BP would be with that gate closed.

swinky

Reaction score

Is icp okay? Letting off the throttle should put less fuel to it and slow down. Usually when they run better at 3/4 throttle it's a hpo issue.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
Well, I know Shawn always loved that T3 gated .70ar housing for his compound builds. I'm assuming that the internal gate isn't enough at WOT, since your external gate is opening. Wonder what your BP would be with that gate closed.

With the internal gate operational, it's still 90psi. (That's what the big gate is set for)
But the primary is driven harder because of the internal gate opening, and feeding it more than just what the housing would.

No, the internal gate is not enough...even with the ports being opened up.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Is icp okay? Letting off the throttle should put less fuel to it and slow down. Usually when they run better at 3/4 throttle it's a hpo issue.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

It doesn't run better when I lift...just nothing changes at all.
Pressure is good. (Feels like hitting a rev limiter.)

I have since blown a silicone boot I have on the setup. (Final discharge pressure)
Need to order a new one...or two.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
With the internal gate operational, it's still 90psi. (That's what the big gate is set for)
But the primary is driven harder because of the internal gate opening, and feeding it more than just what the housing would.

No, the internal gate is not enough...even with the ports being opened up.

So what is the internal set to?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Internal gate is set to 15psi differential. (If there is a greater pressure than 15psi between the drive pressure to the secondary, and the drive pressure to the primary, the gate opens)

Extended Power

Reaction score
Got the 69mm compressor cover back yesterday.

20150829_130045.jpg

Just waiting on the different exhaust housing now.

Latest posts

Members online