Changing it up

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
It went 10.80 on fuel on the race tune with the single and 10.89 with the compounds on x street. Just ran xrace and blew the bellow out . Trans is not happy

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It went 10.80 on fuel on the race tune with the single and 10.89 with the compounds on x street. Just ran xrace and blew the bellow out . Trans is not happy

ugghh .. either way 10's in a cc ford is good for all of us! hopefully the 48RE does you guys better.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I would really like to see how much boost it made on the last pass. Pulled retarted. Fastest I've ever felt

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Race trans time? Jericho? Allison? That dodge rebuild trans chit the bed on Dimitri last year... The 48RE... What is holding the all out race trucks now? That can still be used on the street...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Race trans time? Jericho? Allison? That dodge rebuild trans chit the bed on Dimitri last year... The 48RE... What is holding the all out race trucks now? That can still be used on the street...

allison lol buddy. 48RE ..but he will still dust that too. drake was dusting his 48RE in a cclb dodge running 10.30's ...trans was wasted every time he went to the track. too much weight.period.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
allison lol buddy. 48RE ..but he will still dust that too. drake was dusting his 48RE in a cclb dodge running 10.30's ...trans was wasted every time he went to the track. too much weight.period.

LOL not an Allison out of a cheby... One of the Allisons that was actually intended to be worth a chit.

We had the Allison 3??? behind our 12 Liter, 800 hp 1800 lb TQ Cummins on the 39,000 pound trucks in the desert, and they kept taking beatings all day long... and with a lot of neglect...... etc. The 1000 is def not a real choice here... LOL

Only thing is..... it weighed around 1200 pounds.... MORE WEIGHT..... Prob not the answer...

Your trans was doing OK mike.... Or was it? What was your setup?

Last edited:

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
For those of us dummies.... Can someone explain what a 48RE comes out of or what it is? And why it may be better

It was a Dodge tranny. Not sure what year(s). But From what I understand, it had more room in it for improvements and extra clutches, similar to that of the 4r100, and a simpler design than the 5r110. Basically, much more room for improvement.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL not an Allison out of a cheby... One of the Allisons that was actually intended to be worth a chit.

We had the Allison 3??? behind our 12 Liter, 800 hp 1800 lb TQ Cummins on the 39,000 pound trucks in the desert, and they kept taking beatings all day long... and with a lot of neglect...... etc. The 1000 is def not a real choice here... LOL

Only thing is..... it weighed around 1200 pounds.... MORE WEIGHT..... Prob not the answer...

Your trans was doing OK mike.... Or was it? What was your setup?
Mine was fine, after some tuning changes. We burned the clutches at 1000 horse , then got it dialed and it worked perfect rolling on it at significantly more power And it went straight into Aaron's cc for dpc after he broke the input and worked flawlessly. I dont think it will live pass after pass though at 1200 horse, not at 8000 lbs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.