Changing it up

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Mine was fine, after some tuning changes. We burned the clutches at 1000 horse , then got it dialed and it worked perfect rolling on it at significantly more power And it went straight into Aaron's cc for dpc after he broke the input and worked flawlessly. I dont think it will live pass after pass though at 1200 horse, not at 8000 lbs.
Damn... I knew yours was holding, and I thought it was gonna be the new answer... Damn...
Fixing a tranny after every pass would get old, quick...curious what a good solution will be!

Yup.... Very old.... What are the big boys using? Schieds? The pulling trucks? Anyone?

MINK

Reaction score
fat shaft 48re is really the only hope - when your at this power level it really is no suprise that the trans would need freshened often. I say the answer is WAY less weight...building a 8k pound pro street truck just isnt gonna happen LOL

extreme3807

Reaction score
Damn... I knew yours was holding, and I thought it was gonna be the new answer... Damn...

Yup.... Very old.... What are the big boys using? Schieds? The pulling trucks? Anyone?

Who knows man. I guess someone needs to be the guine pig. With more and more high HP trucks coming out, I am sure the trans market will take off like the turbo market has lately.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
There will be a few trucks running around with the same trans as Mike's soon (hopefully) . But racing at 8000lbs is gonna be a feat to conquer.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
fat shaft 48re is really the only hope - when your at this power level it really is no suprise that the trans would need freshened often. I say the answer is WAY less weight...building a 8k pound pro street truck just isnt gonna happen LOL

Brian's more than confident he can make it work might take a few but well get it also have to other company's working on Trans for us that believe they can hold the power

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
There will be a few trucks running around with the same trans as Mike's soon (hopefully) . But racing at 8000lbs is gonna be a feat to conquer.

And what's the multiplication in ther converter you guys are running in those Trans?

extreme3807

Reaction score
Brian's more than confident he can make it work might take a few but well get it also have to other company's working on Trans for us that believe they can hold the power

Good to hear. I have nothing but confidence that you and brian will figure it out. My turtle wouldn't be getting a BTS if I didn't have confidence in his work. Just too much damn powah man!

tylerdillard

Reaction score
I got you boys somethin that'll hold
aefdf253-9360-2004.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Pulling trucks use clutches with drop box and reverser. The bad pro street trucks either run a clutch or don't weigh as much. I think my trans could be the answer but at 8000lbs... I doubt anything will be, Craig will find out for all of us im sure.

Wayne

Reaction score
Glad all the parts failures on that truck are not on my dime, especially since I don't have a dime big enough to foot that kind of bill. Either way all the power stroke fans I'm sure are glad for the testing and progress you're making with the truck. does the current engine have stock rods still? if not, what are you running if you don't mind me asking? Despite not breaking your best record made on the single turbo I still think a lot of progress has been made. Good luck in your quest for a trans that'll consistently hold.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
would a lenco hold?

if so, can it be streetable? seen a youtube video of a guy taking his strip car, down the vegas strip, with a lenco.

just wondering.

i read alot, and it seems most of the time trans get brought up, lenco always gets thrown around in the conversation somewhere.

what makes that trans the cats-meow?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Pretty sure a Lenco will hold anything we could throw at it, the big factor is $$$$$. They are not cheap at all.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i get that. was just wondering, as i hear all about how good they are, but no one elaborates on why.

if its a matter of a bell housing, a input shaft, output shaft and some sort of a clutch, how much r&d is really necessary?

yes, i get it, there is more to it, but this is the limit of my knowledge.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Also , not sure if you boys know, but a Lenco and 4wd are not a match made in heaven. Lotta extra work there. This would not be an option for a street truck. Google ms. misery to see a 4x4 with a Lenco. Only one I know of.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Why doesnt anyone have this setup in a single cab 4x4 with a fiberglass body?

I think they have more than proved that this setup makes the power.... Someone with less weight needs to take the idea and run with it (someone with more money than I haha)

Or MPD could just put it all into whitey :)

phooker

Reaction score
divorced t-case and lenco would be the shiz. But lenco's can't be downshifted while moving. Honestly though, it makes a whole lot more sense to put this into something that an OEM type transmission can hold and make laps with the same power, but less weight.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
divorced t-case and lenco would be the shiz. But lenco's can't be downshifted while moving. Honestly though, it makes a whole lot more sense to put this into something that an OEM type transmission can hold and make laps with the same power, but less weight.

I really really really want a lenco in my reg cab I just don't wasn't to shell out the cost to develop a bell housing and.everyrhing it would take to make it work

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.