Dallas @ HSM: Single Cab 6.7

Reaction score
Thought I would update a few things on here. I wish this post was full of pictures of shiny go fast parts but, unfortunately, we're in the middle of testing some new parts and nailing down our divided pedestal stuff so not much has happened under the hood of the truck other than an oil change.

Since it needed to be done, I did a few maintenance items which included doing a brake job, packing the wheel bearings and replacing the ball joints while I was in there. The shocks were still the original ones and needed replacing. I wanted to put some adjustable shocks on the rear anyway so it got new shocks on all four corners.

Over the years I have had a lot of success with Cal-Tracs on many of the cars I have raced or helped run. It was an obvious choice to call John and get a set of those on the way. I think they will work well in a 2wd application. While I was installing the Cal-Tracs, I removed the overload spring which dropped the rear about an inch. I left the two thin blocks the factory has under the leaf pack but may end up removing those as well after seeing the height of the rear after the install.

You will notice in the pictures that the u-bolts are plenty long and need to be shortened. I decided to leave them as they are until I decide if I want to change anything on the rear springs. Once I've made up my mind, I will either shorten those or get some new ones made.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 155

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Thought I would update a few things on here. I wish this post was full of pictures of shiny go fast parts but, unfortunately, we're in the middle of testing some new parts and nailing down our divided pedestal stuff so not much has happened under the hood of the truck other than an oil change.

Since it needed to be done, I did a few maintenance items which included doing a brake job, packing the wheel bearings and replacing the ball joints while I was in there. The shocks were still the original ones and needed replacing. I wanted to put some adjustable shocks on the rear anyway so it got new shocks on all four corners.

Over the years I have had a lot of success with Cal-Tracs on many of the cars I have raced or helped run. It was an obvious choice to call John and get a set of those on the way. I think they will work well in a 2wd application. While I was installing the Cal-Tracs, I removed the overload spring which dropped the rear about an inch. I left the two thin blocks the factory has under the leaf pack but may end up removing those as well after seeing the height of the rear after the install.

You will notice in the pictures that the u-bolts are plenty long and need to be shortened. I decided to leave them as they are until I decide if I want to change anything on the rear springs. Once I've made up my mind, I will either shorten those or get some new ones made.

Looks really good Dallas! Would you say Cal-Tracs are mostly for this kind of application and not really well suited to lifted off road style built truck's??

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Get a 3/5 DJM kit on there with Hellwig bars on both ends and you'll be amazed. After that a c-notch was the best thing I ever did.

Reaction score
After four months of owning the truck and having our turbo kit, dual fueler and low pressure lift pump sitting right next to me, I finally got a second to get it all installed.

The install went very smoothly as expected. The more I personally deal with our product, the more I appreciate kits that fit well and install easily. Although all three kits take some time to install, the work is not difficult by any means. If you can follow instructions and have basic hand tools, most people can easily install the kit in a weekend.

If you've been following this thread, you might wonder why the turbo piping is bare after all of the debate over color choice. Long story short, I had a customer needing a kit immediately and ended up taking the one I had powder coated already.

I opted to put the kit on bare as it allows me to show off some of the small details that go into our kits that really set them apart. I took some pictures of a few of the welds on the turbo piping and take pride in the 100% tig welded joints on all product. You wont see any welds filling gaps on any of the piping. Everything is hand fit and welded on a jig to be sure that every kit fits the same.

The dual fueler went on great and is doing its job of maintaining rail pressure. It's cool to note that, just by adding a dual fueler to our turbo kit, it bumps power around 80 hp without changing anything other than a few calibration tweaks.

After thinking that the fuel tank and short frame on the regular cab was going to mess things up for us because the mounting appeared to be different, Zane bolted the low pressure lift pump right in place just like they do on the quad cabs. I was wondering how noisy the pump might be essentially located under the drivers seat (and years of running louder pumps....) but, as anyone knows that is running our low pressure pump, its basically silent.

I've got to thank Mike at No Limit for his awesome product as well. His attention to detail and quality parts really shows when you're installing his stuff, also. He produces an intake now that attaches directly to our turbo kit and compliments it nicely both on the aesthetic aspect and performance side of things.

Big thanks to Zane for dreaming up the nicest kits out there. You know when Zane gets involved that he's going to turn out a very nice piece. I'd like to say that I installed everything myself but he made me look like an amateur with his experience installing and removing parts on these trucks. I was working on the truck about 90% of the total time spent installing everything and did about 10% of the work. Zane was there about 10% of the total time and did about 90% of the work. Thanks buddy.

I've driven the truck a few short miles so far and all I can say is it's amazingly quick. We never campaign our turbo to be the highest horsepower setup on the market because it was designed to be enjoyable to daily drive, tow and not have to be "tended" with gauges all of the time. It makes excellent power while maintaining the other important properties a lot of us desire in a street driven truck.

That being said, I am super impressed with the power to weight ratio of the truck. A few of us have taken it for a spin and all have come back with smiles from ear to ear.

I will be making a 10 hour round trip this weekend and get some good driving time on it. I will report back with results on Monday!

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 212

getstroked27

Reaction score
looks awesome buddy!!!!!! I second Zane's insane ability to come up with some amazing stuff, and the HSM teams ability to bring to all to life!!!

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Looks good dude. I can't image how fast that little truck is. My 8600lb pig will still run with the local cars. She definitely has plenty of fuel with the LPFP and Duel Fuelers

Latest posts

Members online