Dallas @ HSM: Single Cab 6.7

Reaction score
Not sure yet, Dan. I'll probably run this 64mm setup for awhile now. It runs good and I'd like to get some more drive time and hopefully some track time on it soon.

Reaction score
I did, however, make a few interior changes that were needed.

The first item that needed attention was the flooring. This truck came with a vinyl floor which drove me crazy. I hated the fact that it was so slick and my floor mats would never stay in place. I opted for a new carpet kit from Stock Interiors and paid a little bit extra to get the additional backing for it. It's the best $150 I've ever spent.

I also wanted a center console. Originally, it had a little dinky console (pictured below) on the floor big enough to fit a couple of Big Gulps in but was definitely lacking in the storage/arm rest area. I hunted around for a Lariat console from a 6.7 but had a hard time swallowing $1500+ for one. I settled for one out of a 6.4 which I'm not too mad about considering they bolt right in and weigh half as much.

Those two items completely changed the interior and made it so much nicer on the comfort scale. Well worth the $500 total spent on everything.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 233

1BD9D7

Reaction score
I was just looking thru this thread and I like how you mentioned the stock interiors carpet. I am planning to order black ultra plush (or whatever the thicker one is called) carpet from them and probsbly headliner kit too. Any issue with fitment? Sounds like you are happy with the quality.

Also, I have gray vinyl 2011+ seats with the folding center console.... If I buy stock oem leather seat skins, can I just remove the vinyl covers and put on the leathers instead? Sorry if that's a stupid question I just have not seen it done.

Reaction score
I was just looking thru this thread and I like how you mentioned the stock interiors carpet. I am planning to order black ultra plush (or whatever the thicker one is called) carpet from them and probsbly headliner kit too. Any issue with fitment? Sounds like you are happy with the quality.

Also, I have gray vinyl 2011+ seats with the folding center console.... If I buy stock oem leather seat skins, can I just remove the vinyl covers and put on the leathers instead? Sorry if that's a stupid question I just have not seen it done.

The carpet kit fit well. It made a big difference in sound and looks nice as well.

I'm pretty sure you can just remove the vinyl seat skins and replace them with the new ones. Most seat skins these days just slip on so changing them is easy.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Awesome that's what I hoped to hear. I look forward to getting that carpet and next time I see seat skins selling I will think hard about it

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Awesome that's what I hoped to hear. I look forward to getting that carpet and next time I see seat skins selling I will think hard about it

There's also a few aftermarket options for seat skins too.. I've seen some for what seem like a good deal for high quality materials, but I too wonder about fitment and difficulty of installation.

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pictures I took for the 2016 calendar submission. It was tough narrowing it down to one.

Attachments

• IMG_3547.jpg
    IMG_3547.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3587.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 193

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Ugh... I found a RCLB down south for sale... so tempting to build a drag truck. That thing looks nasty with very minimal done.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.