Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
King Kong, Godzilla, Matt Mahilo, Corbin, Haddox all have trucks either built or soon to be built that would be cool to see in it. There's a handful of guys who did or are doing builds similar to ErikClaw's winning set up. Roger Smith and Matt Moroni would be cool to see aswell, but they may be too much of a dedicated race truck. Mike O's 7.3 would also be another great competitor. When you think about it, we have a ton of guys with well built trucks who could represent Ford well.

Only complaint about Mahilo's truck is the manual transmission. Be awesome in the pulls but I don't think he would be that fast in the 1/4 mile.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
King Kong, Godzilla, Matt Mahilo, Corbin, Haddox all have trucks either built or soon to be built that would be cool to see in it. There's a handful of guys who did or are doing builds similar to ErikClaw's winning set up. Roger Smith and Matt Moroni would be cool to see aswell, but they may be too much of a dedicated race truck. Mike O's 7.3 would also be another great competitor. When you think about it, we have a ton of guys with well built trucks who could represent Ford well.

I've thought about it...maybe honestly not sure yet

If my truck ever gets done that is

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Only complaint about Mahilo's truck is the manual transmission. Be awesome in the pulls but I don't think he would be that fast in the 1/4 mile.

Agreed, I'm trying to talk him into an auto swap.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree this year is one of the better years for selecting a powerstroke powered truck

dont forget craig either...

Jared would be a good competitor, well rounded truck with a experienced driver, farmers do well with the trailer obsticle LOL

Haddox too

lots and lots of good options

jdgleason

Reaction score
I do love seeing the event in Denver! I'm really glad that we have some more contenders for the title this year!

imelmo

Reaction score

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Shanes would be a great truck as well. There are quite a few strong 6.4s out there now

Matt

Reaction score
I'd really like to see Craig go. He has been running a pretty much unchanged set up for about a year, has put down over 1300hp, and we all know he isn't afraid to push that poor truck to the limit. Plus if he could bring a 47re and a 4r it would just help his chances even more. Godzilla with 1300 hp on fuel would be nuts, and Mike is definitely not afraid to break stuff either.

MINK

Reaction score
I'd really like to see Craig go. He has been running a pretty much unchanged set up for about a year, has put down over 1300hp, and we all know he isn't afraid to push that poor truck to the limit. Plus if he could bring a 47re and a 4r it would just help his chances even more. Godzilla with 1300 hp on fuel would be nuts, and Mike is definitely not afraid to break stuff either.

Problem is both those trucks like to break and that wont get us a win....

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score

This guy has knows what's up. I agree

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Are they going to have a "Hybrid or Swapped" class this year or could we get stuck with a Fummins again?? Got my issue last night but didn't open it......

Matt

Reaction score
Problem is both those trucks like to break and that wont get us a win....

If Craig brought 2 transmissions and a spare turbo, I think he would be good. Those seem to be the main weak points for him. Being conservative and only pushing the truck as hard as you have to always goes a long ways. I'd rather bring too much power and not have to use it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online