diy dual hpops

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oh and as it sits with 20x12 and 35x12.5 atzs...
20140424_171848_zpsmttew9pl.jpg
that is gay as ***

old man dave

Reaction score
You know what I think would be interesting and who would likely know and have done the most testing. Bob@ dieselsite. I would have to believe he not only tested the stock but for sure the Melling during his design and testing of his high volume LPOP. After all it would be an embarrassment to produce a pump that a off the shelve pump that is less than 1/16the cost of his pump could outperform it. You know damn well he made sure it could. I think it would also be interesting to see the lobe sets of his pump. I for one have never seen the gear side of his pump. Only the pic of the outside on his site and what others posted.
[/B]

Judging by the photo on Bob's site, the housing of the LPOP is much deeper than the stock or Mellings pump. Would hold a very thick georotor. :toast:

And to be honest, I was there when Joey was testing his truck.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
that is gay as ***

Ehhhhh, whatever. The whole thing is. Im not sure which part you are referring to? I need to drop the new body panels off to the painter. Get this thing spit shined and put the new springs on and sell it. Im plumb ***kin sick of messing with it.

TARM

Reaction score
Judging by the photo on Bob's site, the housing of the LPOP is much deeper than the stock or Mellings pump. Would hold a very thick georotor. :toast:

And to be honest, I was there when Joey was testing his truck.

That is a good eye. I was not sure based on the picture as it can do funny things with depth etc without some reference of a known size in the same pic. But that sounds right as long as there is enough clearance for the harmonic balancer. I do not recall how much space there was there between the two but small amounts make large differences thats for sure.

I thought Joey said it was Zane and WOP with Jody being there that did the testing. I did not see where he specifically said he did the testing himself on the LPOP. Or was that just another and he did his own that you were at as well? That would make sense. All I know is my pressure jumped up from mine that was around 70K and has held at that higher pressure now @ 100K. My uncles truck has a new one on and we swapped it and it seemed as though the pressure went up a small amount and that was a very quick swap as in weeks not months or years. Like I said I am not calling BS at all. I believe what you guys saw. I just know that variables can effect things mine and yours so I am not sure. But I do have my old OEM LPOP here and I will measure it for thickness and see if I can get to take a look at a melling from the store with my calipers and see what it measures. No way I am pulling mine to check LOL

But as you can get them for less than $50 with online coupon discount I would do that before I would pull mine.

I honestly did not even look at the thickness closely when I changed them and have no reason not to take your word on info on the thickness differences. But I think looking at the rotor design differences you can see the Melling is superior in that area while the OEM has a thicker profile thus moving more that way. I think the Melling design appears to be that it would cause significantly less shearing and aeration which has been reported dissipating with the swap.

Regardless its not much of a big deal to me and if I had not done any checking on it myself I would not have even commented beyond that not being the general consensus but that happens.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ehhhhh, whatever. The whole thing is. Im not sure which part you are referring to? I need to drop the new body panels off to the painter. Get this thing spit shined and put the new springs on and sell it. Im plumb ***kin sick of messing with it.
the entire thing!
I think it looks tough....great looking truck....I think lincolnlocker is toying with you.
he knows me well enough by now.. im not much for a lifted truck but that aint bad!

TARM

Reaction score
I hope you two know each others because without any smileys etc that was a hard read other than I have never seen you be that rude before without good cause so I assumed you are razing him and he would know it.

So in that vain you like your trucks azz wiping on the ground low? ;) OR is it you do not like trucks lifted that have the wheel wells empty floating up over the tires?

The latter is not my fav look either other than a few examples but I can appreciate a nice setup that way. At the same time I do not see the point of a 4x4 with practically ground clearance if its going to be used as a truck. I like where the wheel wells are full but can still lift it. Just have to make sure you mod the wheel wells to fit the tires if you go larger then they can accommodate. That is the plan I went with... Much like what Tank did with his 6.0L 40" with a 4-5" cut out flares

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
lol. stock hight for me.. I have no use for a lifted truck or a lowered truck.. yes im boring. and although we havnt formerly met, ty knows that im just being a smartass. if not, he should by now as I am the first one to say that its your truck, do as you please with it. I dont care what anyone thinks of me or my rides. nobody else should care what everyone else thinks either. you like it, thats all that matters.. ty is my lil viking buddy.. lol

TARM

Reaction score
That is how people SHOULD be other than those that they do not have a close personal relationship with, but unfortunately most people are so insecure this is not the case. Facebook usage being what it is solid proof of that. People seemed to be glued to it and drama and freak over everything put there. You should see in workplace usage of it even in very highly secure areas. IMO its pathetic and why, even though being very much in tech IT,, I do not have, nor ever will, play the "facebook game". No one in my family, as long as they are in my home, will either. Their are proper used and beneficial uses for it but not the way most of the younger crowd uses it and even some that should know better...nope sorry not going to happen.

You get that same thing here sometimes people wanting others to make the decisions for them or changing it for no other reason than others like it someway different. I feel bad for them to be so hamstringed.

For the record even in the small amount I know of TyCorr this is not even remotely an issue!?! Not even close. So yes I think its safe it does not matter to him one little bit.

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
A day without ball busting is like a day without sunshine in my book. I have been known to take it too far at work sometimes but I can't help it because it was second nature to my friends and I when I was in the military. I especially like it when someone reciprocates it back at me as it helps keep me sharp. Some people just don't understand what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger. I just tell people that if I bust their balls on a regular basis it just means I like em. That sounded a little gay ;)

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
I dont care what anyone thinks of me or my rides. nobody else should care what everyone else thinks either. you like it, thats all that matters..

This is why TARM rocks Saturdays wearing a tinfoil hat driving his Excursion in his neck of the woods. I really need to start a separate TARM tinfoil hat thread with pictures. Crazy ass right wing gun toting tea party freaks living up in the hollers of Virginia.

old man dave

Reaction score
Terminator did the pump changes on his own truck at his shop when Jody was there doing live tuning. Joey also uses a dual pump setup that may have higher oil demand than most single units.

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
This is why TARM rocks Saturdays wearing a tinfoil hat driving his Excursion in his neck of the woods. I really need to start a separate TARM tinfoil hat thread with pictures. Crazy ass right wing gun toting tea party freaks living up in the hollers of Virginia.

Damn skippy you got me pegged :gun:

TARM

Reaction score
Do you drive your truck offroad with the duals OMD?

We jumped topics on you. We are talking about the LPOP not the twin HPOPs. Its on the topic of Ford or Melling moving the most oil and who was their are the testing. Old Dave was ust clearing up some confusion on the latter really nothing much to do about anything.

old man dave

Reaction score
Do you drive your truck offroad with the duals OMD?

I use it offroad deer hunting but take it easy in the really bouncy low range stuff. Not a Baja type. Have inserts installed in front cover due to getting stupid, not using torque wrench, overtorqueing bolts grossly and pulling out threads.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I use it offroad deer hunting but take it easy in the really bouncy low range stuff. Not a Baja type. Have inserts installed in front cover due to getting stupid, not using torque wrench, overtorqueing bolts grossly and pulling out threads.

Only reason I asked. I do the same stuff offroad. I also drive off the road a lot. Im worried about the bouncing turning the two pumps into a lever.

TARM

Reaction score
Honestly that is my only concern as well as I know Joey will configuring things the way you want them as he had for others based on their comments.

TARM

Reaction score

A number of guys did that. I was super careful and actually did not get them tight enough and had to pull it a couple times to get it to seal but I was using one of those early dual stealth kits (Not Joey Terminators) and I think eventually those will leak no matter what, as its having to hold seal between everything not just to the front cover.

Latest posts

Members online