Do you guys want a place for MCC tuning

Rene G

Reaction score
I downloaded the MCC today, but when I tried to open a file in MCC, there were not any files although there is shortcut now on my computer for the MCC. Anyone know how to fix this?

This is basically where I stand, I think we just need a file to start with.

superduty6.4

Reaction score
You would have to find someone who could export a file from the tuner onto the micro sd and then loa it onto your computer. Then you have the starting point where you can make adjustments.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
can the files be emailed to those who dont have an H&S device? I'm kind of interested in fiddling with mcc.

B585Ford

Reaction score
You need to hook your mini max to your truck and export the files to your sd card. then pull them off your card to your laptop

Thanks. That seemed logical, but when I watched the YouTube video on how to install, I didn't see anything about needing to supply my SD card so I was wondering if I did something wrong on the download.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
can the files be emailed to those who dont have an H&S device? I'm kind of interested in fiddling with mcc.

yes but it wont have the correct vin so it wont work in the vehicle you want to tune, but it really dont matter all you are really wanting to do is view it anyway

Reaction score
I have the mcc on my laptop but have not had time to mess with it. I am wondering how much you have controll over. I am thinking of using this to tune my 2.6 truck but im not sure of you can turn off the vgt controller, intake butterfly, egr sensors and other stuff that I am deleting off this truck. Also wondering on the trans side if you have the ability to change your lockup speed, I need to lock this converter at 20-24 mph in manual gear selection. I have a couple of trucks I am going to play with just trying to get a headstart for myself as well.

SAK

Reaction score
yes but it wont have the correct vin so it wont work in the vehicle you want to tune, but it really dont matter all you are really wanting to do is view it anyway

So what you are saying is if you build a tune for your truck and sent it to me I could not load that tune on to my SD card and load it into my truck and use it?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I have the mcc on my laptop but have not had time to mess with it. I am wondering how much you have controll over. I am thinking of using this to tune my 2.6 truck but im not sure of you can turn off the vgt controller, intake butterfly, egr sensors and other stuff that I am deleting off this truck. Also wondering on the trans side if you have the ability to change your lockup speed, I need to lock this converter at 20-24 mph in manual gear selection. I have a couple of trucks I am going to play with just trying to get a headstart for myself as well.

You can turn the vgt actuator off and all the egr and the rest off that is already off
. You can adjust your converter lockup as well.

So what you are saying is if you build a tune for your truck and sent it to me I could not load that tune on to my SD card and load it into my truck and use it?
I'm pretty sure you can share tunes. You just couldn't load it on your truck with out a vin license

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Not unless he had a license for your specific vin#

i was told from H&S that als long as the vehicle had a unlock code that you could go in and change the VIN on the tune to that trucks VIN and then send it to them. And as long as they had purchased a unlock code that they would be able to down load the tune to thier mini max and run it on thier truck.

jdgleason

Reaction score
i was told from H&S that als long as the vehicle had a unlock code that you could go in and change the VIN on the tune to that trucks VIN and then send it to them. And as long as they had purchased a unlock code that they would be able to down load the tune to thier mini max and run it on thier truck.

Exactly.... but you have to have the "license" (Used to EFI live terms I guess) to load a tune onto the truck.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
thats what I was under the impression of as well, than what is the point of creating a section for this if you cant share a tune library? Like efi live.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
You can still load the files and do a comparison in the software. Then you would be able to see what got changed and hopefully help you understand more about what is going.

SAK

Reaction score
Not unless he had a license for your specific vin#

I'm pretty sure you can share tunes. You just couldn't load it on your truck with out a vin license

Exactly.... but you have to have the "license" (Used to EFI live terms I guess) to load a tune onto the truck.

I know you have to have the unlock code for your truck/vin. Just was double checking that you could basically "share" tunes.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Until I get enough $$$ saved to do a WG, I am going to try to adjust the tuning using MCC to take care of the high EBPs I see when at WOT in 2500+ range in RPMs. If I could keep the EBPs 5-10 PSI lower than I see now, I would be happy. I think I have my first program ready to try, but I just wanted to confirm these changes won't hurt the truck. First, I cut closed the vanes a little sooner than the "canned" tunes I started on my baseline. I also cut them down to 5% from 7% (in the high RPM ranges). Will this hurt anything? Second, I dropped the RP 200-300 PSI at WOT. It was commanding 26,800 according to the base file. If I see any improvement, but don't to get to my goal, I was going to cut 200-300 PSI off the RP until I get there. Do you all think that will work or hurt anything?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Your rail pressure changes won't net much but I see nothing wrong.
Look at your back.pressure tables not the vgt control tables...

Right now commanded back.pressure should be around 58 psi, take the whole table and reduce it by about 10% and go drive it. the trucks going to feel more laggy to counter act it you can raise some of the lower points higher and lower the peak points but since you see that your back pressure is higher around 2500 rpm then focus on that area in all four back.pressure tables

B585Ford

Reaction score
Your rail pressure changes won't net much but I see nothing wrong.
Look at your back.pressure tables not the vgt control tables...

Right now commanded back.pressure should be around 58 psi, take the whole table and reduce it by about 10% and go drive it. the trucks going to feel more laggy to counter act it you can raise some of the lower points higher and lower the peak points but since you see that your back pressure is higher around 2500 rpm then focus on that area in all four back.pressure tables

Thanks for the input. My first thoughts were to adjust the vanes and desired EBP, but I am not sure that will work. My base file is the 300HD and that is what I run in my truck (version .40 MM) so I am very familiar its characteristics. According to the tables, the max EBP that is desired is 50 on my base program. My truck stays well within the EBP table parameters until WOT at ~2500+ RPM...so basically when I get to 2500, my truck starts acting like a woman (it doesn't listen) unless I am not understanding the y-axis (torque). I think I understand the y-axis because my truck makes sense (ie., follows the parameters) until 2500. I thought about trying to reduce the Maximum Backpressure Deviation table along with adjusting backpressure, but I believe adjusting that Max Backpressure Deviation will only throw a code, not fix the problem...do you know the conversion of hPa to PSI? That is why I started thinking if I dropped the RP, I might be able to make this thing work. Of course, I guess I could cut the PW back also...but unless I can get my truck to follow the tables, I am not sure if that will work.
The real question I have is if I change 1 table, will that make the truck automatically adjust the other tables....ie, if my backpressure is higher than is being called for under a certain condition, will it ignore another table (such as Vane Position, PW, etc. at a certain torque) to keep the backpressure in check? My guess it only experimentation will tell me what tables it will follow, and which one it gives priority to and which it doesn't. Hope that makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online