Elites tow power atmospheric only?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I understand power under the curve. My 594 graph from Dunbar's dyno is FLAT. That is more basis of why the horsepower calculator is inaccurate.

For calculating peak hp. The calculator is somewhat inaccurate. Esp for us since we have such flat curves. However in do not feel that they are inaccurate as a tuning tool. You can't fool the calculator. There is no correction factor. And you don't have to go to the same track to make it work as a tuning tool.or be accurate. Also you can have a bad launch. Spin. Or leave soft and your trap speed will remain almost unchanged. So I still believe its the most accurate way to.calculate hp. Its just showing you a higher number for a flatter curve. Something most people esp dodge guys don't understand anyway. So in a way the trap.speed calc is rewarding you for a flatter curve (which is what matters) where a dyno spits out a peak number and that's where everyone gets a woody...

Sent from my DROIDX

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I could understand a 15-20 hp reward, but the difference in my dyno numbers and the trap speed calculator is 60 hp. That doesn't sound accurate at all.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I could understand a 15-20 hp reward, but the difference in my dyno numbers and the trap speed calculator is 60 hp. That doesn't sound accurate at all.

then maybe you should take the. .065 jet out lol

Your truck is a bad example anyway. Take all of your track times before your 12.3 run and then match thoughs up to your dyno sheers.... I bet its accurate or close to. What you did 1 time I think should be thrown from the average unless you cab do it at more than one track. Again not saying that it didn't happen or you sprayed but I am saying it's never been duplicated

Sent from my DROIDX

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Ok. So things went very different from what I was expecting to see. But it really explains why the truck feels as fast as it does.

Last time I was on the dyno, over 2k rpms the truck was smoking like a freight train. This time. The 310 barley had a light haze right to 3600. You could barley see exhaust coming out of it.

Had a peak gain of 7hp. BUT, instead of the power dropping of quickly like it did before. It literally sat flat at 550hp from 2700-3600 where we ended the runs. It never dropped at all. The power went up quick and just went flat at 550. I feel like the truck or tune just ran out of fuel for the turbo? Rail pressure never dropped. The HP peaked at 2700 and didn't come down 1 hp by 3600, That gives me a gain of 95hp at 3000rpms and a gain of 180hp at 3500rpms. And a gain of 250ft lbs at 3500rpms.

Driving the 310 today was fun to say the least.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
If it stayed at 550 for 900 RPM, it sounds like it quit reading above 550 to me. That's a long time at 550 though, which means your truck is making big power now.

Frank_C

Reaction score
If it stayed at 550 for 900 RPM, it sounds like it quit reading above 550 to me. That's a long time at 550 though, which means your truck is making big power now.

:whs:

Been waiting all day for some results, this sounds like some somewhat good news towards this turbo setup though.

Dear Santa...

Ipkyss

Reaction score

I was thinking that or a fuel issue. The truck "sounded" mean for the whole pull. It didn't sound like it was running out of fuel or anything. There is a complete and total exhaust tone difference from the 275- 310 tunes. Forgot to add that. The 275 peaked at 497hp at about 2800 rpms and only fell to 485 by 3600

You could really feel the power fall off at higher rpms before. Now it just keeps pulling. Trans will not make a clean shift with the 310 above 60-70% throttle. You can roll WOT into any gear with no trans slipping and under 5rpm converter slip.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I was thinking that or a fuel issue. The truck "sounded" mean for the whole pull. It didn't sound like it was running out of fuel or anything. There is a complete and total exhaust tone difference from the 275- 310 tunes. Forgot to add that. The 275 peaked at 497hp at about 2800 rpms and only fell to 485 by 3600

You could really feel the power fall off at higher rpms before. Now it just keeps pulling. Trans will not make a clean shift with the 310 above 60-70% throttle. You can roll WOT into any gear with no trans slipping and under 5rpm converter slip.

That alone tells me the dyno is not accurate.

I want to see this setup on a reliable dyno. The track would really be good. Wish I could get one on before Beans, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.