sootie

Reaction score
Stock fuel?

Do you have a back up run? Seems pretty strong for what it is. Esp the 60'

Reaction score
Stock fuel?

I have a H&S dual fueler

I only could make two runs cause of how busy the track was. The first one was a 12.85 with a 1.86 60' spinning. Aired down and ran the second one.

I am use to sub 10 sec cars so the passes felt slow. When I got my first ticket I thought I ran a 15.xxx and was bummed and was about to call it a day. Then talked to a friend and he told me I ran 12.85, looked over the ticket and realized that my number 409 was correlating with the 12.85 pass. I was stoked about that pass and then I ran a faster one. Honestly I couldn't believe it, all I was looking for was anything in the 13's cause the DA was 6900'.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you smoked the lights buddy. your actual 60ft was 1.7-1.8 , that's a 12.80 at best . great run either way . what was the other 60ft like ?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Stock fuel?

unless he's running a promod , that 60ft is not real. smoking the lights will cause that everytime . dont ask me how i know LOL

Reaction score
Here's the first slip when it spun. If I did smoke the lights I am still very pleased with 12.85!

Attachments

• 20170312_194546.jpg
    20170312_194546.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the first slip when it spun. If I did smoke the lights I am still very pleased with 12.85!

yeah for sure that's a great run. you can prolly get the 60ft down .15 or so without spinning , and get into the 12.60's . congrats .

50_shooter

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what does "smoke the lights" mean? I thought it didn't start measuring et until you break the beam. I'm not real familiar with drag racing at a track.

Reaction score
Nice runs, Brad. Those don't look too bad at all and would correspond with what I have been running with a similar setup just a little bit lighter weight.

Definitely smoked the lights on that 1.20 60' pass but regardless, it looks like it's running good. I'd throw a turn-up tip on it when you get a chance and go do it again.

If you really want it to run good at the track, get a higher stall converter and have Morgan write you a 1st gear lockout trans file. It will make a huge difference launching that thing at a higher stall in 2nd gear.

:tree:

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what does "smoke the lights" mean? I thought it didn't start measuring et until you break the beam. I'm not real familiar with drag racing at a track.

The stage lights are actually turned on and you are considered staged when you physically block the photocells with your tires. The time would start when you leave the beams. The term "smoking the lights" is referring to smoke clouding the photocells, so when you physically leave, it doesn't detect that you actually left until the smoke clears enough to activate the timer. Essentially, it gives you a running start at the timing system because, even though you are moving, the timer hasn't started yet.

Reaction score
Nice runs, Brad. Those don't look too bad at all and would correspond with what I have been running with a similar setup just a little bit lighter weight.

Definitely smoked the lights on that 1.20 60' pass but regardless, it looks like it's running good. I'd throw a turn-up tip on it when you get a chance and go do it again.

If you really want it to run good at the track, get a higher stall converter and have Morgan write you a 1st gear lockout trans file. It will make a huge difference launching that thing at a higher stall in 2nd gear.

:tree:

Thanks Dallas!

The track thing was kind of a one time thing just to see what it would do but you never know

Last edited:
Reaction score
Truck put down 750 and 1350 on a very generous dyno

But I think I hurt the trans. I have a wicked flare up when shifting from 3rd to 4th. It only does it in that gear change but I think its on it's last leg.

Attachments

• 20170318_110043.jpg
    20170318_110043.jpg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

doo dah

Reaction score
Truck put down 750 and 1350 on a very generous dyno

But I think I hurt the trans. I have a wicked flare up when shifting from 3rd to 4th. It only does it in that gear change but I think its on it's last leg.

How would you describe a flare? I have a unique shift from 3-4, if on the throttle 50% or better it is firm but if under 50% it is more like a slide hammer shift. Slight delay and then firmly into 4th. I'm getting it in 5-6 now as well. It has been this way for many thousands of miles so I have been chalking it up to shift strategy and not transmission failure. I just finished a 2k mile round trip hauling my 15k pound 5th wheel and trans held up just fine. Hopefully yours is like mine and just a tuning issue.

Glad the truck is running well, makes me want to add a pump!

Reaction score
When driving under a light load the 3rd to 4th shift almost feels like it goes in to neutral and if I don't let out it wont engage into 4th. If I downshift into 4th it works fine otherwise it doesn't upshift like it should.

doo dah

Reaction score
When driving under a light load the 3rd to 4th shift almost feels like it goes in to neutral and if I don't let out it wont engage into 4th. If I downshift into 4th it works fine otherwise it doesn't upshift like it should.

Mine does the same. Used to be 1-2 shift did it but now 3-4 and 5-6 every once in a while. Usually conditions are the same when it happens like when I am very light on the throttle because I am in heavy traffic. I wouldn't be shopping for a transmission yet, unless you have the $ to burn. I have more than 25k miles with my shifting the same as yours and as I said before I have done some heavy hauling in the mountains and it pulled strong in every gear, just had a funny shift from time to time. Good luck!

Reaction score
3-4 clutch packs are the weak point on these transmissions which would cause the odd shifting. According to my mechanic who did all the work on my truck in my sig he claims $3500 in parts and then about $4500 once labour is done (this is in CDN$). At that horsepower level transmission should be expected imo.

Latest posts

Members online