Fuel sump or 5/8 pickup?

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
My walbro fuel pump finally quit on me yesterday, and had to have a tow back to the house. So now it's time to do the fuel system like I had originaly planned the first go around. Just curious though as to what some of you guys opinions are on the sump vs the 5/8 pickup before I order parts this week. I already have the fuel lab pump, filters, and bases. Just need the bracket to mount them, and either the sump or pickup tube. And drop the tank next week for cleaning and install.

Wayne

Reaction score
I would hate having a hose hanging under my fuel tank, so if you feel you have to get every last drop, install the sump so the pick-up tube is pulling from the sump area. That's what I'd do, but I've never had 1/4 tank issues with a properly installed pick-up tube.

Arisley

Reaction score
Right now I have the 5/8 pickup in my truck, it is working fine. I also have a sump sitting on my workbench, just for if I ever decide I need it.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have a sump waiting to go in mine... To me it just seems like it would be less work on the pump than using a pick up tube... But I don't know enough about fuel systems to be sure just my redneck opinion lol

Whytry

Reaction score
I have a sump on mine and love it I also like how i can turn the fuel off and on since i installed a valve on mine

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
5/8s pickup 50-60$, sump 140-160$... sump is constant pressure and pickup is siphon. next fuel system i do will be a sump. i have the 5/8s in my dually.

live life full throttle

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I think I'm going to order the sump. I dont really care for the lines hanging under the truck, but I stay on the hwy most of the time now. And I believe like some of use say its easier for fuel to flow out of the bottom to the pump. Who all has carries a sump? I'm using Irates fuel system and was gonna go with their pickup tube until making up my mind on the sump. So anyone besides bdp or xdp? So far bdp has my vote though.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I went with a sump have had it on my truck for about 6-8 months. Got mine through alligator Performance. I like having the constant pressure.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

02BigD

Reaction score
Having a valve on the sump is awesome for changing fuel filter, and doing general maintenance to the fuel system. No more mess anywhere.

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
I think I'm going to order the sump. I dont really care for the lines hanging under the truck, but I stay on the hwy most of the time now. And I believe like some of use say its easier for fuel to flow out of the bottom to the pump. Who all has carries a sump? I'm using Irates fuel system and was gonna go with their pickup tube until making up my mind on the sump. So anyone besides bdp or xdp? So far bdp has my vote though.

Check with Complete Performance

02BigD

Reaction score
Make certain the bottom of the straw, is the correct distance from the bottom of the tank. It's a tight balance, between ensuring the straw isn't so low it starves the motor, and not so high off the bottom, that 1/4 tank of fuel is the new "empty".

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.