Gfulton's Build

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
This particular one is a Variable Geometry Turbo. So housing size is dictated through vane position, which is a task of the PCM.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
This setup should have no trouble towing. Most people don't tow at wot, so I don't see rods being an issue. As Morgan stated, Gary is aware of the risks running a stock bottom end with added power. The point of the 64mm VGT is to ensure Gary's truck is a fun, quick spooling setup with a lot of potential. Personally, I don't believe this truck will throw a rod anytime soon, as Gary doesn't drive his truck hard all the time.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This setup should have no trouble towing. Most people don't tow at wot, so I don't see rods being an issue. As Morgan stated, Gary is aware of the risks running a stock bottom end with added power. The point of the 64mm VGT is to ensure Gary's truck is a fun, quick spooling setup with a lot of potential. Personally, I don't believe this truck will throw a rod anytime soon, as Gary doesn't drive his truck hard all the time.

its not enough power to blow anything up unless the dc stays high. it might make 650 ... and should be fine.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It is very difficult to detect a bent rod in the 6.7 by the seat of the pants.
Maybe a few puffs of snoke on start up or a little roughness.
If I wouldn't have started with a dmax I may have never found my bent rods in my 6.7.
The best method to detecting bent rods early is in the fuel balancing pid.
Keep a close eye on this and its possible to save the block.

I think the new fuel system is so smooth and sensative it can mask a bent rod very easily.
Then it just breaks and the entire engine is trash.

Don't get me wrong I am very excited about the build and the parts look very nice.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
It is very difficult to detect a bent rod in the 6.7 by the seat of the pants.
Maybe a few puffs of snoke on start up or a little roughness.
If I wouldn't have started with a dmax I may have never found my bent rods in my 6.7.
The best method to detecting bent rods early is in the fuel balancing pid.
Keep a close eye on this and its possible to save the block.

I think the new fuel system is so smooth and sensative it can mask a bent rod very easily.
Then it just breaks and the entire engine is trash.

Don't get me wrong I am very excited about the build and the parts look very nice.

Let's go ahead an state this 1 more time...the owner of this truck is aware of the possibilities of having more power on a stock bottom end.

At no point did any of us ask what the symptoms are of a 6.7 with a bent rod. That is completely irrelevant to the task at hand. We have the knowledge and ability to figure that out on our own, I assure you. I'm sure you, and your shop have had many 6.7 failures, which would make you accustom to finding the tale tell signs of a bent rod. I ask that you please leave your knowledge out of Gary's build thread.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Truck and it's owner are in great hands. Lots of knowledge on tap and the work will be nothing short of clean, as always. Keep us posted fellas!

gfulton

Reaction score

Truck will never tow:thumbsup:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's go ahead an state this 1 more time...the owner of this truck is aware of the possibilities of having more power on a stock bottom end.

At no point did any of us ask what the symptoms are of a 6.7 with a bent rod. That is completely irrelevant to the task at hand. We have the knowledge and ability to figure that out on our own, I assure you. I'm sure you, and your shop have had many 6.7 failures, which would make you accustom to finding the tale tell signs of a bent rod. I ask that you please leave your knowledge out of Gary's build thread.

dont feed the trolls, he and polersmoker love excuses to act like they know something. all they know is how to build a giant pile of $hit and an amazingly horrible reputation.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Can't wait to come down there and help out where I can. Maybe I can bring Shamu and take Gary for a spin.

MorganY

Reaction score
abymuta5.jpg

More goodies.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Kaleb I would love to ride in that bad boy. Maybe when we pick it up you, Colton, Morgan, Daniel and us can throw back a couple of brewskis :pint:

Yes! Sounds like a plan to me sir. I was fortunate enough to get to spend the day yesterday with Morgan and Colton. Your truck is flawless! I assure you it is in the best hands possible with those two guys working on it. Your turbo kit is very well done. I know it took awhile but I think the wait was well worth it. I can't wait to go for a ride in yours when it is all said and done as well!

gfulton

Reaction score
Yes! Sounds like a plan to me sir. I was fortunate enough to get to spend the day yesterday with Morgan and Colton. Your truck is flawless! I assure you it is in the best hands possible with those two guys working on it. Your turbo kit is very well done. I know it took awhile but I think the wait was well worth it. I can't wait to go for a ride in yours when it is all said and done as well!

Believe me I know I'm in very good hands with Colton and Morgan, never a doubt one :D and thanks for the compliment.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Yes sir! We were actually laughing about how clean your truck is and saying how well you and my pops would get along. He keeps his just like it rolled off the showroom floor!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.