Gfulton's Build

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Thanks! I love it. Power comes on smooth. It's going to be a little under our 600hp goal because of the limitations of the 64mm vgt: The smoke output is very clean. There's nothing better than clean streetable power. There is plenty of fuel for over 600. Matt @ Gearhead has been working extremely hard live tuning it. Very greatful to be 15 minutes from Matt.

Im kind of shocked by that statement. I know quite a few guys with 63.5MM vgt's on LLY's making 600. What do you think will keep it under 600?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Turbo spools nicely and is super clean. As fast as it spools with tuning, I would venture to say there would be benefits to a billet 4094 VGT on this setup but the thing is really fun to drive now.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
looks good guys i have really been wondering about this set up since i knew about it awhile back, glad to see a kit out there and working. I know allot of these guys running singles non vgt are having really good luck towing. I still have my reserves about a non vgt up here at 6000 feet, so this is nice to see. looks like it comes up fast

dseitler

Reaction score
Great thread! The setup looks awesome. I am also looking for a Turbo upgrade and that is the same kit I was leaning towards. How many hours do you have in installing the Turbo Kit without the fuel setup? Just Turbo Kit only. Thanks

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Great looking build for some little Texans. Great running street truck and who is this boosted guy chirping about running Mike and his trips?? Man he must be one of those guys with tow mirrors out and C on his rear window.

Didn't realize Matt is that close to you guys, jealous. :thumbup::thumbup:

MorganY

Reaction score
Great thread! The setup looks awesome. I am also looking for a Turbo upgrade and that is the same kit I was leaning towards. How many hours do you have in installing the Turbo Kit without the fuel setup? Just Turbo Kit only. Thanks

I had the stock charger out and the new one bolted down in a fragmented 4 hours. Another 3 hours to cut and fit the hoses install fuel bowl, charge piping, etc. Probably could do another one much faster.

Thanks Erik. Probably one of the most pleasing street setups we've done, if not the best one because of the 6.7's capabilities. Kind of hard to beat a setup like this. The smoke free power is to die for.

I'll probably strap up a go pro to show the cleanliness out the tailpipe.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Yes they measure roughly 35". For some reason they look like 37s on Gary's truck. That's probably why Morgan thought they were 37s.

Personally I think this truck is well into 600hp. It feels much more powerful than my 6.4 when it was at 600, and there's a big weight difference. But there's probably a lot more torque coming out of Gary's truck. Tadd tested a kit just like this one and did 570+ on stock nozzles. Keep in mind, he's 5500ft higher elevation than we are. Which makes me think Gary's has more power in it.

gfulton

Reaction score
Yes those tires do look bigger than 35's to me also. Colton we'll take It to Centex and see what it will do, based on other 6.7's around I'd be surprised If it didn't do over 600...but would not be dissapointed if it didn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.