Gfulton's Build

MorganY

Reaction score
This next one isn't much but is a good idea of how well this charger is lit if you were to pass anyone. When I jab the throttle to 50%, you can hear the charger comes alive almost instantly, with a small puff of smoke. Keep in mind...This is on the performance setting.

6.7 64mm VGT Gearhead tuning: http://youtu.be/LM8rd3hom7Y

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
The thing really likes to hang out around 3k on the wot passes. Does it fall off after that or are you guys just playing it safe?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

MorganY

Reaction score
Is the pw pulled on it? Since it has injectors and runs clean as ***

Ya, Matt says it's using 70% of the fuel.

The thing really likes to hang out around 3k on the wot passes. Does it fall off after that or are you guys just playing it safe?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Essentially yes. Matt has limited the charger to 30psi:That is the most we can push due to the turbine.

gfulton

Reaction score
Well I have been driving the truck for two days and all I can say is wow what a difference, it's everything I was hoping for. Quick smoke free power that starts and feels just like stock.

Plans are to drive it for a while, put it on the dyno @ centex and decide from there. Matt says it's only using 70% of the fuel so a larger charger might be in the plans but that will be up to Morgan and Colton.

I want to thank a few people for there help , Tadd and the crew at Elite for the great turbo kit and injectors, Matt with Gearhead for his spot on live tuning on the motor and trans, H&S for the duel fueler, Steve at Absolute for the EGR delete kit, David Sak with Truck Toyz for OUO's and Greg @ MPD for the CCV kit.

And most of all Morgan and Colton for there hard work to put all this together. These two young men have alot going for them.

Hope to meet some of you Saturday at Ennis.....Gary

Gearhead

Reaction score
I think a billet 64mm with a better breathing turbine setup would be tits and not lose much drivability on this setup. Maaaaaybe a billet 68mm but I think this setup could benefit from some turbine flow the most.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I had the stock charger out and the new one bolted down in a fragmented 4 hours. Another 3 hours to cut and fit the hoses install fuel bowl, charge piping, etc. Probably could do another one much faster.

Thanks Erik. Probably one of the most pleasing street setups we've done, if not the best one because of the 6.7's capabilities. Kind of hard to beat a setup like this. The smoke free power is to die for.

I'll probably strap up a go pro to show the cleanliness out the tailpipe.

Are you sticking to that time line? The 2500mile trip from canada would be fun haha.

What kind of coin is invested into that truck performance wise, $10K?

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Elite VGT 6.7: https://youtu.be/GojfwEcZ1Zc

20140326_110006_zpsvjyxcmzz.jpg

Not much left to do in the engine bay. Coolant reroute hose when Steves EGR delete arrives and hit the pipes with a cotton buffing wheel.

Here's a video on calibration 3 that I sent Gary. 3/4 throttle after 20mph. Didnt want to just step on it and throw a bunch of torque at the motor. No mcc unlock yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The rad hose that comes out of the side of the rad towards the bottom on the passenger side. Where did you reroute that too? I see you just dead end the one end coming off of the coolant tank.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.