Going 38r in the 02

Reaction score
Hey what y'all think of a 366 with stock injectors? Would the 366 with .90 spool as well as the 38r? Just thinking after spending money on all the extras, uppipes, ebpv rebuild and billit wheel ya could have a whole t4 mount kit with 366. Just curious, work wise im sure the 38r would be easier

ghohouston

Reaction score
Hey what y'all think of a 366 with stock injectors? Would the 366 with .90 spool as well as the 38r? Just thinking after spending money on all the extras, uppipes, ebpv rebuild and billit wheel ya could have a whole t4 mount kit with 366. Just curious, work wise im sure the 38r would be easier

38r is a way better turbo than a 366. if youre going to swap over to a t4 mount, id look into a better turbo. if youre never going above 450ish hp, just use a 38r and be happy.

ghohouston

Reaction score
im just talking a reliability standpoint. its a damn tough turbo, and yeah im sure it would take 550 for quite a while, but imo, much more than 450, id look into a larger charger. i really wish i got the chance to dyno my 02 that had 238/100's and a 38r, but from what ive seen, it was probably 450ish. that truck was ****in fun to drive, i think the obs is getting something around that size for injectors, but probably a bit larger, and im thinking gtx for air, they may be expensive, but i have a love affair for ball bearing turbo's.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im just talking a reliability standpoint. its a damn tough turbo, and yeah im sure it would take 550 for quite a while, but imo, much more than 450, id look into a larger charger. i really wish i got the chance to dyno my 02 that had 238/100's and a 38r, but from what ive seen, it was probably 450ish. that truck was ****in fun to drive, i think the obs is getting something around that size for injectors, but probably a bit larger, and im thinking gtx for air, they may be expensive, but i have a love affair for ball bearing turbo's.
I hear ya! should ask matt@fullforce how stout the 38r is.. he has sprayed the piss outta one on the track.. couple others have too..

TyCorr

Reaction score
The wheels are NOT different. They are all 11 blade. They are also made by the same people. Internet bs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The wheels are NOT different. They are all 11 blade. They are also made by the same people. Internet bs.
must be the picture clay uses for the 38r wheel is the wrong pic then.. althought it may be an 11 blade wheel it doesnt have all full length fins. like bobs..

dsberman94

Reaction score
Side by side.
umumu3yd.jpg
uma3avab.jpg

Posted while doing something dumb.

Jason

Reaction score
Ah ok, what I thought. I was going to say, I'll be down in Galveston camping this weekend into next week, and would pick it up. But, I have no 38r to put it in lol.

TyCorr

Reaction score
must be the picture clay uses for the 38r wheel is the wrong pic then.. althought it may be an 11 blade wheel it doesnt have all full length fins. like bobs..

Ok. You are right there. I was assuming clays wheel was the same as everybody elses. Looks different. My wheel that didnt come from dieselsite is identical to "theirs".

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
Ok. You are right there. I was assuming clays wheel was the same as everybody elses. Looks different. My wheel that didnt come from dieselsite is identical to "theirs".

I know we keep saying this but again:

It's still not the same design unless they bought it from us.

You can't see the differences through an internet picture or even holding one in your hand in some cases. Our measurements are ours and others are others. And in some cases others are ours that didn't do as well...

Go with the one you want. We put a lot of love into our design and they are unique but billet wheels are NOT new to the market. They've been around for years.

Internet bs, indeed...

Reaction score
Bringing this back, I've got the 38r, rr wheel, pedistal rebuild kit, and IH bellowed uppipes sitting on my workbench, any helpful hints or suggestions to make anything easier for the swap? Obviously penetrating oil for several days prior, anything else, haven't really been under the hood of the SD's much