Help help help codes no power please

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Why dont you just take it back to the shop that did all the work?????

If I owned the shop, knowing you did all this on your own AFTER I said I would sort it out for you. I would tell you to pound sand if you brought it back. Its much easier for them to diagnose it if nothing has changed or modified after it left the shop.

Stop trying to be a hero. You are no further ahead then when you picked it up. Take it back and let them do there job.

Probably going to get flamed for this but when is enough enough? People with greater experience have tried to tell you the same thing and you refuse to listen, yet keep posting for help. All the help you need is back at the shop.

The shop I took it too removed the back seat to pull the cab. Left my back seat in the shop and now it has black chit all over it. My tan headliner with greasy finger marks all over it. My tan door panels covered in grease along with my tan carpet all needing a good detail now. Furthermore, after the fact I learned they have never been into a 6.4 this deep as far as a build goes. They know nothing more then I do. I have very good reasons for not taking it back. It's a $50,000 truck with $15,000 with of parts and labor and I expect it to be treated that way. The shop is a very last resort. Hope you understand that. I travel for a living. Haul a $75,000 DRV 5th wheel camper that I live wherever work takes me, which can change at a moments notice. It's very important that my truck runs properly and doesn't stay in the shop forever. This the other reason I learn to trouble shoot my own issues.
Not trying to be a dick but if I could have taken it to a different shop I would have. They acted like they knew wtf they were doing.

dsberman94

Reaction score
^ well they'd be paying to have it all cleaned and detailed if it were my truck too. Why the hell did they take the back seat out. That's just stupid.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
^ well they'd be paying to have it all cleaned and detailed if it were my truck too. Why the hell did they take the back seat out. That's just stupid.

Yeah. That's what I said. Wtf. I did not realize it until I went to pick the truck up and my back seat was still in the shop floor.

B585Ford

Reaction score
:whs: Fass will deliver 8-10 psi to upper filter housing, regulator in housing will deliver 2.5 to 3.5 psi to HPFP, internal transfer pump in HPFP bumps up supply to VCV & uses some fuel to lube pump, lube fuel returns thru cooler along with unused fuel from PCV & fuel rails. Measured return pressure at outlet from fuel cooler will be 3-8 psi.

If you don't have a restriction in the intake then either the tuning isn't kicking in the VGT or there is something wrong with the HP VGT. Your truck seems like it is running on the LP atmo turbo only.

:whs: From disconnecting the VGT you know it is functioning to some degree, but it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly based on your vids and symptoms....now that could be sensor, a rag in the tube, etc. and not the actually VGTs fault. Have you tried looking a tune on MCC in the lower RPMs to see what the desired RP should be and then comparing them? I definitely lean towards this is not a fuel issue but since it is laggy down low, can you confirm in those RPMs based on throttle position the desired RP and compare actual RP?

BTW I recommend fire over a burying the truck.

Last edited:

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
The shop I took it too removed the back seat to pull the cab. Left my back seat in the shop and now it has black chit all over it. My tan headliner with greasy finger marks all over it. My tan door panels covered in grease along with my tan carpet all needing a good detail now. Furthermore, after the fact I learned they have never been into a 6.4 this deep as far as a build goes.

Well that changes a lot. I did not see any of this info earlier.

If it turns out to be the hp. William with Airfish Automotive is selling the hp from my old II's for cheap. They were in perfect working order when I shipped them to him.

Last edited:

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I edited my post

I do appreciate yours and everyone's advice on troubleshooting the problems I am having. Everyone here has really worked on helping me diagnose this. I know there will be issues with builds of this extreme. I guess I'm more upset with having an inexperienced shop work on my truck. I bought my turbos from a member here who has been superb to deal with and totally understanding with my non-stop calling. I feel like the shop did one thing to ruin the setup. I really don't know anymore.

Diesel23

Reaction score
I do appreciate yours and everyone's advice on troubleshooting the problems I am having. Everyone here has really worked on helping me diagnose this. I know there will be issues with builds of this extreme. I guess I'm more upset with having an inexperienced shop work on my truck. I bought my turbos from a member here who has been superb to deal with and totally understanding with my non-stop calling. I feel like the shop did one thing to ruin the setup. I really don't know anymore.

hey bud , I do understand your frustration !!! AS I have had a bad experience with a inexperienced shop , didn't go well , took lots of BS just to get my rig back and still struggling to get her fixed the way it should have been :fustrate: , Possibly get a hold of a sponsoring vendor down by you maybe ptp, powerstroke enginuites and see if they could give you a break , I wish you the best of luck , and as you stated this site has a wealth of info and great people to go with it !!

TXlineman83

Reaction score
hey bud , I do understand your frustration !!! AS I have had a bad experience with a inexperienced shop , didn't go well , took lots of BS just to get my rig back and still struggling to get her fixed the way it should have been :fustrate: , Possibly get a hold of a sponsoring vendor down by you maybe ptp, powerstroke enginuites and see if they could give you a break , I wish you the best of luck , and as you stated this site has a wealth of info and great people to go with it !!

Thanks.

BFT

Reaction score
That's your exhaust back pressure sensor. Do you know anyone around you with a 6.4? Is hate for you to be buying sensors and it doesn't cure the problem.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
That's your exhaust back pressure sensor. Do you know anyone around you with a 6.4? Is hate for you to be buying sensors and it doesn't cure the problem.

I'm the Lone Ranger in a world full of cummins and duramax guys. Odd ball out.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Does it take it a while to boost? Let's say if you were towing a heavy load from a dead stop?

Moving it's own weight takes forever to move it and build boost. Then the Atmo kicks in and it'll go. Then it'll shift and lag while the atmo begins building boost. Under 55mph. She's a total lag.

BFT

Reaction score
Never caught what you were running. Is it gated, are you running a larger VGT? These are one of the few sensors that are common to go out (sh!tty I know) I chased a solar issue for almost 3 months a few years ago, it was stock. Turns out it was the EBP sensor. My PSI would read negative on my dash daq.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Never caught what you were running. Is it gated, are you running a larger VGT? These are one of the few sensors that are common to go out (sh!tty I know) I chased a solar issue for almost 3 months a few years ago, it was stock. Turns out it was the EBP sensor. My PSI would read negative on my dash daq.

JR high power compounds, studs, Midwest stage 2 intake, elite afe CAI, and supporting mods, CCV reroute, gearhead tunes stock nozzles and stock HPFP, FASS 150 LPFP

gman1

Reaction score
why are you pulling a vaccuum at idle, that's what I want to know. The tunes you have shouldn't do that.

Anyone know what could cause pulling vacuum in this setup. Where to start looking.

So the part that I highlighted from BFT is what you are experiencing?

Latest posts

Members online