HUGE gains from FICM ONLY tune!

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Yes. Due to PW limitations in the FICM, the larger injectored trucks would see a sizable benefit from running the modified FICM strategies combined with modified ECM strategies. The stock injectored trucks will only see very minimal gains, usually in the realm of improved throttle response and improved high RPM performance.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yes stock injectors, the first post of this thread has all the information you need if you take the time to read it.

Im very curious to see how the new results turn out.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yes. Due to PW limitations in the FICM, the larger injectored trucks would see a sizable benefit from running the modified FICM strategies combined with modified ECM strategies. The stock injectored trucks will only see very minimal gains, usually in the realm of improved throttle response and improved high RPM performance.

so which one of your FICM tunes would you recommend with my 190/75% injectors and ID's race tune....or any tunes for that matter?

03international

Reaction score
i dont know much on tuning the ficm, but if i was to get my ficm tuned, can i still run my extreme srl on top of the tuned ficm? if so wouldnt that be over 500hp?:shrug:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes you can keep the idp tuning in the truck but you wont be gaining 100 HP.

Look at the graphs and read the titles of them. With a custom race tune loaded in the ecm and the custom ficm file, the truck didnt gain much more when it had the ecm race tune. This is because the pw in the ficm is maxed out as well is in the ecm tuning because thats all the stock injectors will allow.

if you carefully read, the max power out of these trucks on stock turbo and stock injectors with maxed out tuning of the ficm and ecm showed 440 on fuel 480ish on meth.

Add injectors and 500 is a high possibility

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'd say yes, but i would be lying. Technically yes, but will it be as smooth? No, there is more consistency in the top of the rpm range when you tune both the ficm and ecm as well as increased low end power and throttle response. I'd recommend both any day of the week.

Ill gladly be testing out the flash for larger injectors once bill finishes it, im picking up a spare ficm to send in when the flash is ready so I dont have to wait for a gryphon. Hopefully its ready within a few weeks, i'd like to get it done so i can get live tuned and throw it on the dyno at rudys

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I'll be headed back to PHP for a reflash of my FICM. Just got the standard FICM flash and it was great. I hope to pick up a little low end with the reflash.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Mwilbur- are going to dyno again after you get the new tune? If so Im really curious to see how much you might gain much since your last dyno numbers.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Okay, so we got a little more dyno testing done tonight with a variety of combinations. We've also lined up 2 new FICM strategies to complement the "Hercules" version... The Atlas 40 and Atlas 80. These are going to be more designed for everyday street use, with the Hercules being more for all-out performance.

You are going to see some slight differences in the power levels on these runs as our dyno environment was about 35-40 degrees hotter than it was when we made our original runs. It was nighttime and we had to close the big door in order to not totally piss off the neighborhood behind the shop. :doh: However, the gains are still pretty consistent with what we had achieved on our earlier runs. I've only put together two graphs as it's 3:00 in the morning and I'd like to get some sleep. These graphs are "Stock Tune with All FICM levels" and "100R Tune with All FICM levels". I can put together other combinations, if anyone is interested. I did NOT dyno the lower programs in conjunction with the FICM tunes, but might be able to at a later time just to have a reference point. So without further ado, here are tonight's plots.

(This example is with a stock ECM strategy.)

(click on image to enlarge)
stk_w_all_ficm_tunes_sm.jpg

(This example is with a stock 100 Race strategy.)

(click on image to enlarge)
100r_w_all_ficm_tunes_sm.jpg

One thing we did do today was run the Hercules FICM tune with a stock ECM/TCM strategy on the the street. As expected, the 3-5 shift would initially have a slight flare at moderate to heavy throttle, but after about 15 minutes the TCM adapted and everything settled in and shifted quite well. When running the Atlas 40 and Atlas 80 tunes, the flare was considerably less noticeable (pretty much non-existent on the Atlas 40 tune) and took less time for the TCM to relearn. Of course, running a modified shifting strategy is the ideal situation for running ANY tunes over about 375 RWHP, but I was really impressed at how quickly the TCM adapted to the higher power FICM levels.

Anyway, I hope this information is helpful. I'm too tired right now to post peak numbers and gains, but will try to get some up tomorrow.

Enjoy! :rockon:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Don't lie.... You wernt worried about the neighbors you just didn't want to have to see the big black truck giving you the eye while you were inside making big power with the little black truck ;) hahaha

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Running stock or custom PCM tuning still gives excellent results with the FICM tuning at all levels. I like the TQ curve on the 100Rw/Herc...nice and smooth climbing up. Bet that is a result of the tranny tuning with the 100R.

Thanks for making the 6.0L just a bit better!!!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
If I can get Bill on the phone to confirm PHP is open today (after all the work they did last night) I'll be headed there today.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Matt... Unfortunately, we got back in the office too late today for him to swing by. Hopefully he'll get a little free time this week before this weekend's event to get the FICM updated. :D

Agjake11

Reaction score
i really like the increases the different ficm levels gave on with the race tune already.

from how i read it though the hercules Ficm tune is for stock injectors and a new level will be created for trucks with larger injectors?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.