idles rough when warm

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Couldnt tell ya...i dont use it. It was testing well for oil shear in heui trucks. Especially 6l. It was reformulated in 2011. Thats only the t6.

Id almost bet its better than 95% of dino oils in a 7.3. Barring delo400 and pennzoil 15-40.

what lab where the reports from?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
Idk..i cant remember every detail of every thing i read. It was testing out almost as good as the Mobil 1. The delo 5w40 synthetic wasnt on the list and Ive been told by the Mobil 1 salesman when we were bullshtting that its even better than the mobil 1 synthetic.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Idk..i cant remember every detail of every thing i read. It was testing out almost as good as the Mobil 1. The delo 5w40 synthetic wasnt on the list and Ive been told by the Mobil 1 salesman when we were bullshtting that its even better than the mobil 1 synthetic.

The Delo Syn is?

ja_cain

Reaction score
I've seen some shear test data on conventional stuff and I think you guys would be surprised in the results. I wish I could share the data but my brother said it was confidential. I know, gay.

psduser1

Reaction score
I've seen some shear test data on conventional stuff and I think you guys would be surprised in the results. I wish I could share the data but my brother said it was confidential. I know, gay.

Don't be a dick, Dick. LOL

Reaction score
I though most of the time, when a truck idles good when it's cold and bad when it's hot it's usually fuel side issues. I had the same symptoms with two scored plunger/barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
couldbe chit oil, could be hpop, could be fuel pressure, could be one of many orings in the hpo system....

live life full throttle

Seabass

Reaction score
it ain't a 6.0 it doesn't have that many o-rings. It's an MB hpop. Ran good for 3 months then this **** happened. I prolly don't have 1000 miles since the pump and oil change. I don't drive the truck much. Fuel PSI is 65 at idle.
Could the hpop kill a couple injectors?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
it ain't a 6.0 it doesn't have that many o-rings. It's an MB hpop. Ran good for 3 months then this **** happened. I prolly don't have 1000 miles since the pump and oil change. I don't drive the truck much. Fuel PSI is 65 at idle.
Could the hpop kill a couple injectors?
explain to me why you think it doesn't have that many o-rings because it's not a 6.0?

i would put chevron delo 15/40 in it. I've had the best luck with it in -27°(not plugged in) weather. i tried rochitta t6 in the same weather and the truck wouldn't even start without being jumped...

live life full throttle

ToMang07

Reaction score
explain to me why you think it doesn't have that many o-rings because it's not a 6.0?

i would put chevron delo 15/40 in it. I've had the best luck with it in -27°(not plugged in) weather. i tried rochitta t6 in the same weather and the truck wouldn't even start without being jumped...

live life full throttle

LOL, only a few hundred.

Seabass

Reaction score
not that many o-rings crammed in weird places like the 6.0 has, I was making a comparison. Anyways, I'm gonna yank the right v/c again and see. I don't see why oil could make just 2 injectors mess up. I'll still change it though. Truck started up just fine this morning

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
not that many o-rings crammed in weird places like the 6.0 has, I was making a comparison. Anyways, I'm gonna yank the right v/c again and see. I don't see why oil could make just 2 injectors mess up. I'll still change it though. Truck started up just fine this morning
might have messed up an o-ring on install and it is just now showing signs of it..

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
Anyways, I'm gonna yank the right v/c again and see.

as a side test, unplug the injectors and crank it to pressurize the rails, looking for oil spraying out of the top oring or the spout from the poppet. It would be best if done hot (although its a PIA to work on it when that hot).

Can you measure ICP?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.