idles rough when warm

TyCorr

Reaction score
A new pump on old injectors will alwayscreveal any hp oil issues you have. My truck ran fine with the stock 17deg pump and 200k mile injectors. Not one issue! It was leaking oil. Put an srp in that didnt mind producing rock solid icp above 3000 psi and waaaay more volume and all of a sudden i had old, worn inj orings.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not saying that jake. I just think that the codes were saying something.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. We have a 180k mile e99 that has injectors that the solenoids dont match. That in and of itself isnt a huge deal. Although the five sets ive owned the solenoids were equally matched as in my injector builders have always gave me matching caps regardless of the injector specs. The one thing this does draw into speculation is a mismatched set of new and rebuilt injectors.

The owner has thrown every remedy to contain hpo at this truck tet it continues to exhibit a rough idle.

In summary, id be looking for a proper flowing and balancing of the injectors. In other words, id be rebuilding or exchanging for a controlled set. If you can watch your perdels with something you'll see the shot injectors trying to compensate. Up and down. Up and down.

Of course a hydraulic system starts to exhibit balance issues once the medium is warm and worn components are present.

Jomax

Reaction score
So you have an MB HPOP? That might be our issue.... That company is still new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
So you have an MB HPOP? That might be our issue.... That company is still new.

He said its starting and running. I beat that horse pretty good, lol. The issue is the chunky idle when it gets hot. At idle, the pump has plenty of regulated oil supply, so its more of an issue of how the injectors are handling the oil and fuel together.

I went down the same path in my mind that ty did on the injector tops. Not only should the inj guy have kept the tops the same, it gets real confusing since some are said to be ACs (which are not real common singles in the reman world) and the others are AD splits. We got a single /split combo going there?

Jomax

Reaction score
He said its starting and running. I beat that horse pretty good, lol. The issue is the chunky idle when it gets hot. At idle, the pump has plenty of regulated oil supply, so its more of an issue of how the injectors are handling the oil and fuel together.

I went down the same path in my mind that ty did on the injector tops. Not only should the inj guy have kept the tops the same, it gets real confusing since some are said to be ACs (which are not real common singles in the reman world) and the others are AD splits. We got a single /split combo going there?

I've heard the solenoids are all the same. You can mix and match. I know when swamps did my injectors, they would grind out the first two letters so confusion wasn't made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Yes, they are the same and can mix/match them. I was just curious as to how 4 AC solenoids got onto those injectors (I didn't think that ACs were very common in the reman parts world) and then had this brief thought as to how the truck would run if it had a mix of splits and singles..

agree that this set of injectors likely has balance issues.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I wasnt inplying the solenoids were wrong. My thought is, to be blunt, some azzhole replaced a few injectors in a higher mileage truck. If a few,were worn enough to replace, hes seeing the miss from more wearing out.

Doing this, on anything but a truck that was under bumper to bumper warranty is like buying one shoe at a time. You need both.

Id send them out so i knew what i had anyway. Testing isnt crazy expensive. But id probably just order something different.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wasnt inplying the solenoids were wrong. My thought is, to be blunt, some azzhole replaced a few injectors in a higher mileage truck. If a few,were worn enough to replace, hes seeing the miss from more wearing out.

Doing this, on anything but a truck that was under bumper to bumper warranty is like buying one shoe at a time. You need both.

Id send them out so i knew what i had anyway. Testing isnt crazy expensive. But id probably just order something different.
good post

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

mandkole

Reaction score
I certainly wasn't questioning you either and we were thinking the same thing, but I didn't state it the same way and was wandering into the 'why the AC tops'. Agree that the injs are not likely playing nice together..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if only 2 injectors are showing fault then i would assume they are all the same.. if there truly was a set of splits on one side and singles on the other, more than 2 would fault.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Seabass

Reaction score
Guys thanks for your input!
As stated before this happened 3 months after the MB hpop swap. I did all the o-rings already, I'm gonna try the Delo (If changing the oil fixes 2 worn out injectors, im gonna crap myself).

If nothing happens, im gonna get the truck to operating temp, burn my arms and hands to remove the v/c, fire it up and unplug the injectors one by one and see what the deal is.

If 5 and 7 don't make the idle drop i'm getting 250/100's

end of story

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.