It Took Me Long Enough...

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Looks Pretty Good, Kid. I'd Put The Top Of It Even With Top Of The Cab And Put 1X1 Square Tube In Horizontally To Protect Back Glass If It Was Mine.

Thanks, Pete. Im still unsure. I like the way the expanded metal looks on nicks(moose99psd) like in this
picture but idk if it would work. And I'm not sure I'd like 1x1. Too work truck-ish. If that's possible lol

ezu3yby2.jpg

If your going to do something to protect the back glass you may want to make it removable in-case you have to replace your back glass. Unlikely I know but if something inside the cab were to break it, it would be a real pain to remove the whole bed (assuming you welded the rack cause I'm too lazy to read) to get to it.

Should be bolted down like a normal bed and lift right off... especially with a dad with lots of fun toys laying around to assist.

live life full throttle

This^. 6 bolts and undo the wiring and it comes off. Thanks though. That's thought never even crossed my mind

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would drop the top so that it outlined the window like the bottom does and put the expanded metal in like moos's truck. Without all the lights and crap in there it will look good and protect the window a lot.

live life full throttle

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Then it covers the 3rd brake light

Edit it definitely can come down some

agu5y5y5.jpg

dusa2avy.jpg

And I can probably throw a third brake light in the box without a problem if I get hassled for it

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
If your putting lights in the headache rack who gives a dam about the third brake light. Definitely drop the rack down a couple inches so the bar is flush if not a inch below the cab line at the center. That way your corners of the rack don't stick up so high.

Oh and chamfer the front corners of the bed. It'll look much better.

7.3 rocket

Reaction score
If It Was A Factory Cab And Chassis It Never Would Have Had A Third Brake Light To Begin With. Beyond that You Can Put Plenty Of Lights On The Rack. I'd Worry A Lot More About Those Tires Than That Light Anyways. Whatever Happened To "No***sgvn"?

B.Warning

Reaction score
Another thing to think about.... Get that bed leveled to a body line and possibly raise it a little bit before the headache rack is finished. You don't want to do all that work, then fix the bed or raise it then the headache rack is out of place either to close to cab or to tall.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Another thing to think about.... Get that bed leveled to a body line and possibly raise it a little bit before the headache rack is finished. You don't want to do all that work, then fix the bed or raise it then the headache rack is out of place either to close to cab or to tall.

Smart.

Get everything correct before going through all that effort. I think the front headboard/headache rack is going to finish that off nicely. It won't look like someone just flat bedded it because they were cheap.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
If your putting lights in the headache rack who gives a dam about the third brake light. Definitely drop the rack down a couple inches so the bar is flush if not a inch below the cab line at the center. That way your corners of the rack don't stick up so high.

Oh and chamfer the front corners of the bed. It'll look much better.

If It Was A Factory Cab And Chassis It Never Would Have Had A Third Brake Light To Begin With. Beyond that You Can Put Plenty Of Lights On The Rack. I'd Worry A Lot More About Those Tires Than That Light Anyways. Whatever Happened To "No***sgvn"?

Very true.

Smart.

Get everything correct before going through all that effort. I think the front headboard/headache rack is going to finish that off nicely. It won't look like someone just flat bedded it because they were cheap.

good idea. Didn't even think about that

so when you bringning this beast down my way again?

Dunno yet. Only thing I've got planned so far is rre in tennesee in late summer. Idk of any other events

dsberman94

Reaction score
Dunno yet. Only thing I've got planned so far is rre in tennesee in late summer. Idk of any other events

Numidia. 4wheel jamboree. Both in bloomsburg. Find the thread about it in the regional section under out region. Someone put a lot of places and dates in.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score

Flatbed is perpendicular to the flatbed as is.. and your right.. its slightly off of body line. I'll space the back up next weekend too when I drop it down those 2"

unyvepeq.jpg

And just for chits and giggles, this old blocky light bar actually fits the style of it lol.

It'll probably get a whelen mini century down the line. Or a mini pinnacle... along with the 20" bar aiming back. I'm just glad its getting close to done. 4 oval brake and turn lights going on next weekend too. Gonna make the plates out of the left over I have from making the bottom half.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Flatbed is perpendicular to the flatbed as is.. and your right.. its slightly off of body line. I'll space the back up next weekend too when I drop it down those 2"

unyvepeq.jpg

And just for chits and giggles, this old blocky light bar actually fits the style of it lol.

It'll probably get a whelen mini century down the line. Or a mini pinnacle... along with the 20" bar aiming back. I'm just glad its getting close to done. 4 oval brake and turn lights going on next weekend too. Gonna make the plates out of the left over I have from making the bottom half.

A little my ass, I told you a while back that it was off by a ways...

live life full throttle