making progress

Dzchey21

Reaction score
always a possibility if remote tuning isnt working out, the truck will probably go on the dyno as the tunes seam to be progressing in the right direction, that way maximum feed back can be achieved. Mike Haller can also test some on his stock truck...

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Im pretty excited honestly to try his tuning. I feel his true understanding of how engines work, deaper than just fuel tables and vgt tables should really help get my truck to where i want it. He really seams to understand cam profiles and injection cycles ect. Im pretty confident that i will be happy with his tuning.

His comments etc really make me believe that too. I never really thought about it all tied together before.

Id like to see him live tune it on Hallers dyno...

Say that louder and from the roof top, maybe the gods will hear you and make it happen in the next month or so. :thumbsup:

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
The high pressure turbo used in a compound set up will always spool a hair slower because there is pressure drop across the turbin wheel with the added restriction of a second turbine wheel.

That is what I meant, since I had asked about the 71mm vgt. I just didn't word it the way I should have.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Dustin how is the oil drain working out? Im guessing good but figured id ask to see if u would recommend it for other builds.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dustin how is the oil drain working out? Im guessing good but figured id ask to see if u would recommend it for other builds.

It leaks slightly but not enough to drip. Im trying to think of a better way

Sent from my DROIDX

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Sweet good to hear its working. If its leaking u no its flowing the oil the way its supposed to. Keep up the positive progress :thumbup:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Sweet good to hear its working. If its leaking u no its flowing the oil the way its supposed to. Keep up the positive progress :thumbup:

I was a little worried about the 90 degree bend going into the pan not flowing enough but so far its really been a non issue

The ONLY problem is getting a fitting in the oil pan with the engine in the frame, and being able to weld it, if there was a way to get a good seal i would be more than willing to share, because i would like to change it if i can.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Did u weld a bung in the pan or drill tap and put the fitting in?
U could try a o-ring fitting.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
it was a thread in fitting but the pan isnt thick enough, so then i welded the fitting (mostly just to keep it from comming out) then put silicone around it, but it was a pain, and i knew it was going to leak. The pan really needs to be off and welded to do it properly.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
brace the frame and pull the cross member. or try the old punch and go. ur kinda ***ked with the hole u have now though.

White_monster

Reaction score
Pull the engine I guess. Lol. That's a lot of work to fix a stupid leak, try some devcon Dustin or that underwater epoxy from loctite. Works on haul trucks. The only other product I'd use is called belzona and it's the best but no idea on cost.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Pull the engine I guess. Lol. That's a lot of work to fix a stupid leak, try some devcon Dustin or that underwater epoxy from loctite. Works on haul trucks. The only other product I'd use is called belzona and it's the best but no idea on cost.

we have that at work, i can use as much as i need.

The leak is no where near bad enough to fix at this point.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ya I figured you had access to that stuff, sometimes we forget about all the cool stuff we could use. So basically the fitting is sweating then.

yeah dirt collects to the oil and dries it out before it could ever drip. But you right i didnt think of belzona untill you said it.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
it was a thread in fitting but the pan isnt thick enough, so then i welded the fitting (mostly just to keep it from comming out) then put silicone around it, but it was a pain, and i knew it was going to leak. The pan really needs to be off and welded to do it properly.

Ok gotcha. Yea thats gotta be a pain to no its leaking but no enuff to drip. Gotta try some strong sealer for sure.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I got a tune from matt at gearhead and it really is a great tune for the set up, smoke is way down and it doesnt haze at idle anymore, so far i love it, just need some more seat time.

I sent tadd a pump to modifiy for the dual fuelers, so hopefully i can have that and installed maybe next weekend.

JDub

Reaction score
dustin.jpg

Latest posts

Members online