making progress

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I never thought you would ask

On my way to work on friday and I got on it for a short burst to see if the big turbo would light. I let out and the rail pressure hung 29k for what felt like forever and then I looked back and there was a huge cloud of white smoke. I got out with fire extinguisher ready to go. After it quit rolling smoke I found it split one of my heavy duty injection lines and sprayed what looked like a gallon of fuel in the back of the high pressure turbo. Needless to say I took the belt and lines off and put stock lines back on and ran the stock pump for now.

Sent from my DROIDX

Was that one of the lines that Empire made or you were waiting for a while back? That sucks, at least you didn't need the fire extinguisher.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No the cp3 controller failed and stuck the pump wide open so the pressure spike. Prob did that for longer than I realized but it seriously was pretty close to.catching on fire and I don't think I.could have stopped a fuel fire like that

Sent from my DROIDX

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Was that one of the lines that Empire made or you were waiting for a while back? That sucks, at least you didn't need the fire extinguisher.

It broke a hallers heavy duty line from the left head to the pump

Im really glad it didn't ruin injectors. Last time this happened it took out the ford pump... I don't think this pump is hurt but I need some testing time to find out

Sent from my DROIDX

Matt

Reaction score
Sucks to hear. Are you going to continue on with the cp3 set up, or go a different route?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Sucks to hear. Are you going to continue on with the cp3 set up, or go a different route?

No im moving onto something proven. Scared me when all my hard work almost went up in flames

Sent from my DROIDX

Matt

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that, it would scare the hell out of me too. Fingers crossed that Empire gets it working.

derrick36

Reaction score
Wish I.would have got a picture. But I had other things on my mind lol

Sent from my DROIDX

Yeah, a camera would have been the least of my worries. I'm glad the damage was kept to a minimum.

You shoulda grabbed a lotto ticket right after that. You're pretty lucky that it wasn't worse.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Dustin and I talked about that a few weeks ago. Probably pretty good. Problem is the location. The downpipe and intake piping would be a task. You would have to relocate some stuff to make it work. Probably too much of a hassle to even try.

I only ask because turbos usually spool slower in a set of twins than it would as a single. So tryin to see how quick his set can actually spool when it's all at 100%.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Matt

Reaction score
So will you now be running an Elite dual fueler? I want to see this thing lay the smack down so bad.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So will you now be running an Elite dual fueler? I want to see this thing lay the smack down so bad.

That's the plan
Also going to try some tuning fr.gearhead. hoping things start working a little better so I can keep.progressing the set up

Sent from my DROIDX

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I only ask because turbos usually spool slower in a set of twins than it would as a single. So tryin to see how quick his set can actually spool when it's all at 100%.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

did you just say twins spool slower than a single?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
did you just say twins spool slower than a single?

The high pressure turbo used in a compound set up will always spool a hair slower because there is pressure drop across the turbin wheel with the added restriction of a second turbine wheel.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Matt will get you hooked up. He did a good job with mine.

Im pretty excited honestly to try his tuning. I feel his true understanding of how engines work, deaper than just fuel tables and vgt tables should really help get my truck to where i want it. He really seams to understand cam profiles and injection cycles ect. Im pretty confident that i will be happy with his tuning.

Latest posts

Members online