Mishimoto OBS Radiator Sale $289!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Wow I can't imagine a world where almost everybody drop ships the product either right? Weird! I have run into several instances where the manufacturer actually wants more than the vendor just to keep the vendor with product. This apparently is not one of those cases I have no problem paying if I can get it right now nor do I take issue with them making money. Just trying to figure out where in my statement you find that I am saying they aren't in business to make money?

You said if they are the same price, so.... where is there money to be made there ? Cost on them is over double what the manufacture was selling them for.

Like I said not to be a dick but I mean come on.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
I guess it's more a matter of if I want it now I have to pay double. If thats the case I'll probably wait I'll have to see what Derek says thanks anyway though. My curiosity would tend to lean more toward why the manufacturer would undercut their vendors?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I guess it's more a matter of if I want it now I have to pay double. If thats the case I'll probably wait I'll have to see what Derek says thanks anyway though. My curiosity would tend to lean more toward why the manufacturer would undercut their vendors?

It's a good question. I asked my buddy from Mishimoto and never really got an answer. He actually wasn't even aware.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
6yvere5a.jpg

Time to put it in!

rusty1161

Reaction score
Mine is in, too. I replaced all of the radiator hoses at the same time.

I drove it a bit to check for leaks and make sure air wasn't trapped. Water temps look good and no leaks.

The interesting thing on my truck is that the trans temps are 20-30 degrees lower than with the stock radiator. I have a Trucool 4739 in my bumper and plumbed the radiator in ahead of it. I have always seen ambient + 90-100 degrees. Not too concerned about it, but so far, temps are ambient + 70-80 degrees. I will keep an eye on it.

No pics yet, it looks just like the post above, just not as clean and fast!

Rusty

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Can't go too fast in a garage lol
I was surprised to find the brass barb fitting for the return at the local hardware store today.
I forgot completely it did not come with it.

rusty1161

Reaction score
Can't go too fast in a garage lol
I was surprised to find the brass barb fitting for the return at the local hardware store today.
I forgot completely it did not come with it.

My truck is my DD, I had to get it done this afternoon and test it out!

I just reused my fittings from my original radiator. Mishimoto has a pretty good install video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_4nfB3X4_M that show all of the steps. It helped me out.

I just wish they hadn't welded the trans cooler fittings on, and instead threaded on hose barbs so I can run 3/8" hose and fittings. No big deal though.

Rusty

Last edited:

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
The only one I needed was this,

eha5aguv.jpg

For the overflow.
My stocker was molded plastic.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I suspect they are the importer

" From the moment our products are conceived until the day they are put into production, "

I think it is a great business model and I am jealous :)

Just because they don't manufacture them here in the US doesn't mean that aren't the manufacturer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I can tell you my truck was at Mishimoto for a week. They designed, fabricated, and welded the first one on site. Then then produced it and I came back for an install and a viedo.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
My rad is starting to split on top. I called Mishimoto and they are out of stock until Sept 1, so they said. Did any of you guys order one and hoard it away? Anyone willing to sell one?

Thanks

20140804_091725_zps518b917d.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Getting ready to drop my radiator in, what fittings do I need and the size? I know I need a fitting for the overflow tank----> what size is the hose? Also there is a small hose that attached to the rad on the bottom, driver side beside the trans cooler inlet/outlet----> anyone know the size of this hose? The plugged fittings are 1/8NPT which is useless and need to be 1/4 NPT for the size of the hose. The biggest 1/8NPT to barb is 3/8 hose that I can find.

Since I am running SD trans lines (3/8) and 6.0 transcooler, I hacked off the 5/16 barbs, drilled and tapped to 1/4 NPT. I carefully enlarged the trans cooler opening to 3/8.

I spoke with Mishimoto and voiced my opinions on the design of the rad. They are kinda useless there and wouldn't let me speak with a design engineer to voice my issues. Their email correspondance was pretty quick, though.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online