My 86 Fummins Project

JMart

Reaction score
I got dibs when you decide to sell it.:D

That is going to be a sweet rig when you are done. Good luck with the build.

Matt_P

Reaction score
looks awesome!! same badge placement as ya old green truck i notice :) should be sweet

Thanks man! and yeah I had the badges in the same place but they are off now.

this is gonna be sweet.

Sub'd for the build.

Thanks man I hope so!

I got dibs when you decide to sell it.:D

That is going to be a sweet rig when you are done. Good luck with the build.

haha I dont think I could ever sell this truck, and thanks!

Countryboy07

Reaction score
Thats what I'm doing to my motor right now... Decided I didn't want to mess with the wiring of the VP!

Good luck on the build Matt! I'm sure it is going to look sweet when completed! Only thing I would change on your list is that I would stick with some chrome wheels. The truck looks killer with chrome wheels on it now.

-French

MAC

Reaction score
Huh? Am I missing something? After pretty close examining, the bed seems to match.

Well look closer :slap:

Look at the front wheel well, see how it has a boxy look to it?

Now look at the rear wheel well, see how it looks more rounded?

Also the body line on the bottom of the cab follows the front wheel well, but not the rear wheel well.

And the tailgate is not even close, I'd say the bed that's on it right now came off of a 95-97 gasser.

These little details stick out like a sore thumb to be, because I own an 85 F250, and I have spent quite I bit of time studying the body lines.

It might also interest some people to know the taillights from 87-97 are all the same, but the taillights from 80-86 can only be used on 80-86 year trucks, and you cannot put 87-97 taillights on a 80-86 truck, because of how the body lines match up.

The 80-86 year trucks have the most detailed body lines by far compared to the 87-97 trucks.

Last edited:

GM Duraturd

Reaction score
Good observation. I overlooked the body lines, I was more focused on looking very closely to see if the paint colors matched, which they seem to. The tailgate is off of a mid 90's gasser for sure.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Nice build, too bad its gettin a 24v though.

Garrett

Thanks, for the price I got the donor truck for I wasnt gonna pass it up

not if it gets a P-pump

exactly, I can always p-pump it, thats not in the budget right now but if that VP goes out a p-pump swap will be done

Thats what I'm doing to my motor right now... Decided I didn't want to mess with the wiring of the VP!

Good luck on the build Matt! I'm sure it is going to look sweet when completed! Only thing I would change on your list is that I would stick with some chrome wheels. The truck looks killer with chrome wheels on it now.

-French

Thanks! Yeah I havent decided on wheels for sure yet just kicking around ideas, I got a while to make that decision. lol

Nice, will be a fun truck, is it going to get a matching bed?

Thanks, as of right now a matching bed is at the bottom of the list.

That is one good looking truck Matt.

I read the first 2 pages and all the talk about wiring, was waiting on someone to mention P-Pump....

Thanks Nick!

Good observation. I overlooked the body lines, I was more focused on looking very closely to see if the paint colors matched, which they seem to. The tailgate is off of a mid 90's gasser for sure.

Its a bed off a 92

Also for a quick update I was out of town this weekend but today I got U-bolts made for the dana 80 and finished bolting that in and pulled the fenders off so we can start working on the front axle tomorrow
IMG_20111003_180315.jpg

IMG_20111003_180324.jpg

IMG_20111003_180334.jpg

IMG_20111003_180348.jpg

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Awesome project Matt. That 86 Ford is beautiful! Can't wait to see this thing finished, and hopefully I get to see it in person one of these days!

Dave

Reaction score
Nick WTF did you do to your truck?

Looks good so far Matt:ford:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Also for a quick update I was out of town this weekend but today I got U-bolts made for the dana 80 and finished bolting that in and pulled the fenders off so we can start working on the front axle tomorrow
IMG_20111003_180315.jpg

IMG_20111003_180324.jpg

IMG_20111003_180334.jpg

IMG_20111003_180348.jpg

Headlights, Get to work:poke:

Matt_P

Reaction score
Awesome project Matt. That 86 Ford is beautiful! Can't wait to see this thing finished, and hopefully I get to see it in person one of these days!

Thanks Jeff! I could never have got rid of this truck. Im sure youll see it eventually cause its gonna be coming to all the events with me when its done!

Bad...ass.

Thanks Ryan!

After seeing your other trucks I cant wait to see what it looks like finished.

Thanks Man!

Nick WTF did you do to your truck?

Looks good so far Matt:ford:

Thanks Dave!

Headlights, Get to work:poke:

Haha I got your headlights just about done:D

Members online

No members online now.