My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well havent got a whole lot done lately cause I was out of town last weekend, but did get the old TTB out of the front end and got the Old coil buckets off. I also pulled out some more unnecessary wiring then once I can get a hold of a wiring diagram that actually shows everything for chassis electrical I can go further with that or just buy an 18 circuit painless harness and start from scratch.
IMG_20111005_172257.jpg

fb252810.jpg

2270a46a.jpg

4d44582b.jpg

jdc753

Reaction score
Awesome project Matt!!! 80-86 has always been my most favorite body style. Looking forward to seeing the truck completed in its second life.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Maybe when i get to check this truck out we'll get to hang out for more than 5 minutes before being tear gassed. LOL

Haha yeah hopefully that doesnt happen next time

Awesome project Matt!!! 80-86 has always been my most favorite body style. Looking forward to seeing the truck completed in its second life.

Thanks! Yeah Ive always loved this body style and it worked out better since it was my first truck, Im definitely motivated to get it done!

Going to be a sweet build!!!

Thanks man!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well me and Bryan have been working some more the past two days and finally have the dana 60 under the front of the truck! Its not all done but we got the frame all notched out and welded and the dodge coil buckets cut off the donor truck and cut down and welded on the truck.

Dont worry the buckets are not done yet, we are gonna do plenty more bracing on them, then its on to the 3 link and getting the trac bar and steering mounted up and the frame boxed.
05b74620.jpg

5f8bfa3c.jpg

ea305740.jpg

4630c155.jpg

61b34ef3.jpg

24038048.jpg

f6126c2a.jpg

01dmax

Reaction score
yes that we did everything was just falling into place today. Its starting to look like a 4 wheel drive truck again. now its time for the 3 link bars and set it on four wheels again.

samoht517

Reaction score
Very cool project. Should be super fun to drive. I used to hate that body style but they really grew on me in the last couple months

MAC

Reaction score
Very cool project. Should be super fun to drive. I used to hate that body style but they really grew on me in the last couple months

I think the bull nose body stile looks awesome, but they are hard to modify so they don't look stock, I mean there's one style aftermarket grill for them, clear or yellow turn lights, and clear or black headlights, not a whole not, plus the light bezel molding almost has to stay chrome, because painting them looks even worse!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Man you guys did a bit of work today from when I saw it last night.

Yeah we got some good motivation.

yes that we did everything was just falling into place today. Its starting to look like a 4 wheel drive truck again. now its time for the 3 link bars and set it on four wheels again.

Yep it went pretty well, and thanks again Bryan for the huge amount of help you have given me so far, it wouldnt be anywhere near this far without your help and welding expertise

Thanks!

Dieselkid6

Reaction score
If ray is helping you i feel bad. Lmao jkn. Looking to be a pretty cool project. Whats your time frame for completing this. And soon as i get my truck back im headed out that way, to check this thing out.

I finally break down and join the army, get to browsing and look what I find. thanks greg :slap:

Matt...I'll talk to painless at SEMA about the build