My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score
Wow that thing is rough. Good luck with the build though.

Thanks!

Got the cylinders all honed out, .040 cleaned them all up. Gonna have to deck the block tomorrow
IMG_20121031_105252.jpg

IMG_20121031_105300.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Deck is all blocked, cleaned it up with taking out .006, got the block hot tanked and washed up and ready for assembly. I also go my complete rebuild kit.

Since my class is over next week I did drop the head off at the machine shop. Itll be magnafluxed first to see what the damage is, then most likely all new valves, hardened exhaust valve seats and a good decking.

IMG_20121101_094008.jpg

Shiny new parts
IMG_20121031_151453.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Headlights Matt, Headlights :poke:

****! I keep forgetting to give them to ray, I need to get them to him this week

Looking good ...:naughty:

Thanks!

Little update, the head got magnafluxed last week and found some nice deep cracks going down in the ports too deep to cut out for seats so the head was junk.

So I got a brand new fully loaded head from the machine shop that is sitting there right now, just gotta get the 60lb springs put in.

I also dropped the block off there for him to order and put the new cam bearing in since my rebuild kit didnt come with one, as well as put a new plug on the back of the block for the cam bore and polish the cam.

I should have it all back this week.

Matt_P

Reaction score
After seeing some engine mounts other people have made they don't look as hard to make as I thought. What do you plan on using for a cooling fan?

Yeah they shouldnt be hard to make at all, All I really have to do is make a cradle for the bolt for the mount to sit in with the correct width. For this truck Ill most likely use an electric fan setup from a ford taurus like I did on my 99. If i can fit a stock dodge fan and clutch I may use that though like I did on my king ranch.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I've heard that by using the stock fan and clutch would require the engine to sit further back in the engine bay. I would assume that wouldn't make much difference if I build my own engine mounts and trans crossmember, does that sound familiar?

Matt_P

Reaction score
I've heard that by using the stock fan and clutch would require the engine to sit further back in the engine bay. I would assume that wouldn't make much difference if I build my own engine mounts and trans crossmember, does that sound familiar?

For my 03 my destroked mounts sat the engine back far enough that the stock fan and clutch fit in front with plenty of clearance on the radiator. For an OBS Im not sure if they would but there should be plenty of space in the engine bay to do so. If you built your own mounts you should have no problem sitting it back far enough. As for the crossmember, I think you would have no problem modifying the stock crossmember and drilling new holes to mount it on the frame as necessary.

Latest posts

Members online