MY BIG 6.7 BUILD

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Good. Mines just a little 6466 with 15% nozzles though lol that pro mod is gonna be a hand full
I'm hoping lol. My truck with the 6870 on stock injects ran great. The 6466 is pretty comparable. I'm curious how yours pulls. The pte gen 2 turbos pull so hard once they lite. Once I switched to precision I'll probably never go back.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
It pulls hard. Probably not as hard a pro mod will haha. I'll eventually put a bigger charger in front of... still smaller than a 98 haha

Sent from a mountain top in Appalachia

Swsignal5

Reaction score
It pulls hard. Probably not as hard a pro mod will haha. I'll eventually put a bigger charger in front of... still smaller than a 98 haha

Sent from a mountain top in Appalachia
If u do go up with it. I was super happy with the 68. It had a little lag but it pulled great. I also only ran 32# of boost on it.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
The 6870 is almost dead nuts 200rpm slower to make full boost (45+psi) than the 6466. The 6870 doesn't give up even 50rpm to the 6766 and has noticeably cooler charge temps when you run it with the H cover. It makes 100whp more than the 6766 anything above a reasonable pressure ratio. I'm curious to see how it lights up the promod, seems like quite a spread for a limited RPM range but I don't know much about compounds.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
The 6870 is almost dead nuts 200rpm slower to make full boost (45+psi) than the 6466. The 6870 doesn't give up even 50rpm to the 6766 and has noticeably cooler charge temps when you run it with the H cover. It makes 100whp more than the 6766 anything above a reasonable pressure ratio. I'm curious to see how it lights up the promod, seems like quite a spread for a limited RPM range but I don't know much about compounds.
We shall see soon. Lol

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Swsignal5

Reaction score
I figured I would start a thread on my build.

I first built a 61 VGT / 75 atmo compound setup and made 605hp. I've now stripped the motor and have decided to do a full build. Also bore the block .020 over.

I should start receiving parts next week. So far I've ordered the following.

Pte 68/70 gen2
Arp main studs
Chromoly pushrods
Valve springs
Stage 2 cam
R&r rods
Billet aluminum Pistons
Zero gap rings
H13 wrist pins
New OEM valves
New OEM gaskets and bearings

More to come:
Pte pro mod 102
Aeromotive fuel pumps
Big water to air intercooler
100 percent over injectors
Lots and lots of nitrous
Some trans parts
Some small secret things
...... ******** the glow plugs.

I did change a few things.

I got diamond racing pistons
H&s lpfp
Rcd injectors
Absolute performance intake manifolds and oil pan
10mm stroker cp3
15' cp4
Frozen boost intercooler
Replaced all the fluid coolers with air exchangers.
Removed the secondary water pump and radiator
Removed the fan clutch assembly
All mishimoto heat exchangers.
Flex a lite fans

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
What is that?

Oil pump gear. Certain trucks are known to break them over and over again at certain HP levels.

Elite is making a tool steel gear for this very reason.

I'd tap in an oil pressure gauge with a hobbs switch so if it breaks and you loose oil pressure the engine will shut itself off and save the motor. Better safe than sorry. That's what i'll be doing when it gets compounds.

Latest posts

Members online