MY BUILD

ncollins64

Reaction score
Also sometime here in the next month or so I'll be looking for and needing a new front end for my truck since mine is permanently altered if anybody knows of one within a reasonable distance. Going with a custom ouo set up from Jared.

sootie

Reaction score
...what all parts do you need? i have the radius arms, coils, auto hub axle and steering components out of 05 would that work?

sootie

Reaction score
Actually needing a complete front axle, tubes, housing, ect. Would everything from 05-10 bolt right up or is there any differences?

to my knowledge, they are identical.
my components have 108k on them and the axle still has the drag link, brakes and everything still attached. to be truthful it is all packaged up on a skid and shrink-wrapped ready for shipment. coincidence? LOL

SAK

Reaction score
One uses a bolt through the mount/link horizontally and the other has the bolt built into the link that goes through the mount vertically.

You might be able to make something work, but can't think of anything of the top of my head right now.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Thanks Sak. Just talked to Trevor and he said he could make me a set of sway bar links to fit the new front axle. Guess I'll start trying to gather some parts to completely go through the front axle.

ncollins64

Reaction score
lil update.

My brother painted the bed yesterday and sent me this shot before the clear went on. He will be doing the rest of the truck on Monday and said it would be done next week. I have new black bed and tailgate molding going on and new inner fenders since mine were cut on. Going on and doing recon smoked mirror and 3rd brake lenses and putting amps on. Only thing I'm debating is painting my fusions or brand new bumpers from ford. I like the look of fusions but don't want the added bulk up front. And I've gotta get with JD on my lights. So hopefully I get it back and my trans in before ts. May be pushing it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-17-09-04-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-17-09-04-10.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 108

ncollins64

Reaction score
I got new side emblems also, just stock kr 350. I was gonna paint them one of 2 ways. The whole emblem plat white with tuxedo black inserts or vise versa? What you guys think.

RSK

Reaction score
I got new side emblems also, just stock kr 350. I was gonna paint them one of 2 ways. The whole emblem plat white with tuxedo black inserts or vise versa? What you guys think.

since you truck has fresh paint, you could really go either way, and it will look great, but I went with the black f350 emblem and platinum louvers because I knew the white wouldn't match. but in your case it will match perfect so I would do it white with black louvers!

i'm so jealous that your truck is getting re-done, can't wait to see the final product, I would also just have the new bumpers from ford painted. I need to order mine kr bumpers, I hate the chrome on this truck with a passion! I actually want to do a 2011 front end on my truck, but i'm gonna wait until it rusts then do a 2011 bed/ nose...no point in spending that money now when all my body panels are perfect rust wise, and I only have a few dings in one fender. your turbo setup :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm thinking plat white with tux black inserts. Once I get with Jared I'll paint my ouo bars plat white also. Just waiting on my lil birdie to get back with me on the big 91mm:D
The interior, seats, and stereo is next.

RSK

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm thinking plat white with tux black inserts. Once I get with Jared I'll paint my ouo bars plat white also. Just waiting on my lil birdie to get back with me on the big 91mm:D
The interior, seats, and stereo is next.

your switching to all black right?

ncollins64

Reaction score
No just too much money for all the plastic. I've ordered new carpet and ill be selling my seats complete and I'm buying brand new kr seats front and rear.

Wayne

Reaction score
I just saw this thread. If you're in gravel, dirt, or mud roads much you might consider cre rocker flares. I personally don't mind the look, and they protect the paint really well. This thing sure seems to be coming together nicely.

Latest posts

Members online