My new 2014 F450 Platinum

vrog

Reaction score
I didn't want to use air bags on this truck so I just installed a 4" block over the rear pack, something simple and easy. Maybe later I might have to do traction bars but for now I will leave it alone.

Thats what Im going to do as well

crazyken1121

Reaction score
were did you get the headlights and tails from? switching between f250 platinum or 450 platinum

Calokie

Reaction score
I have a 2011 450 with firestone bags in the back will that wheel/ tire combo fit no problems ? How tall is the tire? Awesome truck man i love the look on the platinum, makes me want to trade up? But i was lucky to get the one I got. And just love it

vrog

Reaction score
:stupid:

Loving it. Ford transit next.

been waiting forever for the seat, partition and shelving units for the transit! Gotta get it on the road rather than sitting in my driveway. I put over 1200 miles on it. The dually is staying clean hahaha

vrog

Reaction score
I bet he could make a transit look baller!

Thanks but these new vans are awful looking. Everyone is switching over the that European style. Its very nice to drive though with the 3.5 ecoboost.

vrog

Reaction score
I have a 2011 450 with firestone bags in the back will that wheel/ tire combo fit no problems ? How tall is the tire? Awesome truck man i love the look on the platinum, makes me want to trade up? But i was lucky to get the one I got. And just love it

The problem with my setup is I wanted that Summitomo traction tire strictly for the look of the tire. To me, big rig tires are ugly and that is the only one thats appealing to me. Now the problem with that is the tire measure 37" tall so there is some rubbing up front that I had to take care of. I had to trim the fender flares and inner fender splash guard.

On the rear it seams to sit a little lower once i added the leveling kit. I don't care for that look and I want to keep the truck as "low" as possible rather than lifting it. When I hooked up my trailer it squatted the back and the tire was maybe 1/16" away from the inboard most screw that hold the mudflap and plastic inner fender on. I don't want to risk it so I have some 4" blocks coming. There is a factory block in there now that is 2". So by adding another 2" it will sit level or maybe a 1/2" taller in the front, which is fine for me.

Air bags work best under a load and don't come into play, that is unless you have a complete air ride system like a kelderman. Now that would have been cool

RedRice589

Reaction score
Ill be looking for those tires this summer. I plan on putting 19.5s on my SRW. Cant get over how well put together the truck is!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.