My new 2014 F450 Platinum

SuperdutyTD

Reaction score
75K is a very reasonable number for this truck. May have to pick me up a set of those headlights..

Dirtclod

Reaction score
That's a bada&@ truck! I've got the dealer down the road down 59k for a 16 black on black lariat 350 drw 4x4. If I had truck right to trade I would already bought it. That 450 is daddy rabbit!

vrog

Reaction score
Thanks. Waiting on new 24" Forgiatos, can't wait to get them on. It should really change the look of the truck

Jomax

Reaction score
How do the turn signals work on those headlights?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rule12b

Reaction score
How do the turn signals work on those headlights?

We have identical lights. For mine, we cheated by splicing the turn signal wire into the the mirror turn signal light. Eliminated the hyper flashing. Other fixes included trying 1 or 2 resistors, and reprogramming a line in the BCM pursuant to a Ford advisory. None of it worked reliably. The splice into the mirror turns, without any resistors etc, worked perfectly and still does.

When you activate them, the halos change from white to orange in all four lamps and flash. . .

dsberman94

Reaction score
We have identical lights. For mine, we cheated by splicing the turn signal wire into the the mirror turn signal light. Eliminated the hyper flashing. Other fixes included trying 1 or 2 resistors, and reprogramming a line in the BCM pursuant to a Ford advisory. None of it worked reliably. The splice into the mirror turns, without any resistors etc, worked perfectly and still does.

That's a pretty good tip. I'll have to remember that if I get these.

Rule12b

Reaction score
That's a pretty good tip. I'll have to remember that if I get these.

Yeah, anything I can do to save you the cost, man-hours, and aggravation I had to go through, I'm happy to do. The lights however, are completely awesome. Just getting those damn signals to work right took time.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yeah, anything I can do to save you the cost, man-hours, and aggravation I had to go through, I'm happy to do. The lights however, are completely awesome. Just getting those damn signals to work right took time.

I'm toying with the idea of making a set of lights myself.

dsberman94

Reaction score
This would be for the 2011-16 trucks. I don't know if you'd have the same isssues.

Haha. I actually thought we were in earvgotti's build thread and you were talking about the switchbacks, which I think would still give a fast flash on my truck. Can't the 11-16 trucks turn off fast flash in the computer.

Rule12b

Reaction score
Haha. I actually thought we were in earvgotti's build thread and you were talking about the switchbacks, which I think would still give a fast flash on my truck. Can't the 11-16 trucks turn off fast flash in the computer.

You can, but you can easily short the BCM. Better to just tap into the mirror wire. It's a pain to track down, but it's totally trouble free once you do.

vrog

Reaction score
You can, but you can easily short the BCM. Better to just tap into the mirror wire. It's a pain to track down, but it's totally trouble free once you do.

I have been fine since the reprogram that you told me about. Thanks!

vrog

Reaction score
So after a very looooong wait i have the new wheels and tires. Once again, my buddy Josh at The Diesel Cartel did his thing and got me a one off set of wheels. He worked with Forgiato and together we chose this design and they turned it into the first set of 8 lug direct bolt 24" Forgiato Duro Pinzette dually wheels. They are seriously the best looking dually wheel that I have ever laid eyes on.

The wheels are brushed and then powder coated with prismatic powder tinted matte clear. In person it looks and feels like a rough matte stainless steel. It looks so raw and tough in person. Some of the pics in the sun they appear to be very bright while the pics I have when it was slightly raining and no sun are more what they look like in person. I couldn't be happier with this wheel setup.

The truck is leveled with 2.5" icon springs and fox shocks all the way around. The factory rear block was removed and replaced with a 4.5" PMF block to level it off. Wheels are 24" Forgiato Duro Pinzette and tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers 315/50/24

E0EFD6A1-6CE1-4AF9-A53A-B9AE4981ECB9_zpsffmd27oy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online