My truck crapped the bed today

V-Ref

Reaction score
I think there's has two piece inner retention ring that doesn't require you to drop the tank if that's important to you. Ford white death (TA-31) hasn't leaked a drop for me.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Beans sump does not require dropping the tank, and it is a one piece plate for the inside, I have one sitting on my counter

mandkole

Reaction score
doc, are you going with the sump to just trying to get safer use of the last couple gallons in the tank? Ive been on the fence with mine because I already have the big straw-- that access to the last few gallons is probably the biggest benefit I see with the sump. When I get to just below a 1/4 tank on the gauge, I know its time for fuel. Shortly after, the pressure will flutter if the fuel starts sloshing.

DocBar

Reaction score
doc, are you going with the sump to just trying to get safer use of the last couple gallons in the tank? Ive been on the fence with mine because I already have the big straw-- that access to the last few gallons is probably the biggest benefit I see with the sump. When I get to just below a 1/4 tank on the gauge, I know its time for fuel. Shortly after, the pressure will flutter if the fuel starts sloshing.
Just to be on the safe side period. I'm not always in a position to fuel up at a 1/4 tank. Precautionary only.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Hold off on the sump... Just a little longer...

:thumbup:

Black 02

Reaction score
Bean's makes a nice sump, but it wasn't exact as advertised. I asked for a 1/2" NPT outlet and that's what sales guy told me it was. When I got it, it was 3/8" NPT. I have a 5/8" pushlock feed for my pump which is equal to 1/2" NPT, so it did me zero good to install it. Like trying to fill a fire hose with garden hose. It's just fluid mechanics.

That being said, if you only need 3/8" NPT worth of flow, it's a nice product. Otherwise, I'd call Jake @ Irate. I used his sump and it's hell for stout.

Latest posts

Members online