My truck crapped the bed today

ghohouston

Reaction score
Good tip...be careful not to bend the chamber portion of your coat hangar...got a scare out of doing this too myself....recommend some safety wire or a plastic straw instead of a coat hangar

We had an old dt466 come in out shop where some field mechanics/hands pulled the injectors, and for some reason, decided to stick a strand of power line (very thick, just about the size of an injector nozzle) through the nozzle hole in the cup and the dummys spun the motor over. The head had a couple good knicks in it after that, and iirc, it got a new piston in that hole.

DocBar

Reaction score
Got a call from John Wood today. #6 hole lost a nozzle. He's going to do a compression check on it and I'm going to hunt for a bore scope that will fit in the nozzle hole. Anyone know what size hole that is?

Also my HPOP is leaking. Will a HBjr handle the 250/100's?

V-Ref

Reaction score
Fingers crossed on the comp check...how much time/miles did it see after it chucked the nozzle?

The turbine wheel on your 38R might be worth taking a look at too maybe?

I can measure the hole in an injector cup I have at the house tonight if someone doesn't get that to you first.

From the numbers (Nozzle, PW, ICP, IPR DC) that have been posted in the recent HPOP thread...I'd think that jr looks good for 250/100s!

DocBar

Reaction score
Fingers crossed on the comp check...how much time/miles did it see after it chucked the nozzle?

The turbine wheel on your 38R might be worth taking a look at too maybe?

I can measure the hole in an injector cup I have at the house tonight if someone doesn't get that to you first.

From the numbers (Nozzle, PW, ICP, IPR DC) that have been posted in the recent HPOP thread...I'd think that jr looks good for 250/100s!
I ran it about 3 miles at around 55 mph.

I'm going to send the whole set of 400/200's in to FFD and have them gone through. I'll probably end up going back to them, but I'm going to have to think about it some.

That would be great on the measurement. Thank you in advance.

I'll definitely be checking the turbo.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I was going to say cracked nozzle when I saw the video...

Cracked piston does not make that much smoke.

If you shut it down pretty quick there will not be any damage, but if you drove it for 15+ miles it will...

mattman347

Reaction score
Doc, if ya need something give the office a call, we will take care of it. I personally can count on one hand the amount of 200% nozzle failures we have had. Have not heard or know of a "bad batch" that I'm aware of either. 2 years, whatever it is, I'll take care of ya! There is always the possibility you could have got air or a foreign object in there. The fact that it did not idle or run right leads me to think something got in there either from sitting or just a random piece that was in the fuel rail when it sat open.

DocBar

Reaction score
Doc, if ya need something give the office a call, we will take care of it. I personally can count on one hand the amount of 200% nozzle failures we have had. Have not heard or know of a "bad batch" that I'm aware of either. 2 years, whatever it is, I'll take care of ya! There is always the possibility you could have got air or a foreign object in there. The fact that it did not idle or run right leads me to think something got in there either from sitting or just a random piece that was in the fuel rail when it sat open.
Thanks, Matt. I called and taled to Ryan and he advised me to send the whole set in to be looked at. I should get them in the mail to y'all by the weekend.

I sent these in to ya'll about 2 years ago but just had them installed at the end of Feb this year.

FFD has been very good to me through a couple sets of injectors, so I'm not worried about that at all. :fordoval:

thuglike

Reaction score
Got a call from John Wood today. #6 hole lost a nozzle. He's going to do a compression check on it and I'm going to hunt for a bore scope that will fit in the nozzle hole. Anyone know what size hole that is?

Also my HPOP is leaking. Will a HBjr handle the 250/100's?

Yes sir!!

If we can help in any way let me know.

Jason
423-305-2905

DocBar

Reaction score
#6 blew the whole tip off, but compression was 400lbs., so that looks like good news. The turbo inspection is next. If that looks good, the 250/100's are going back in and I'll be ordering a Hydra from Matt.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A%3B36%3Dot%3E243%3B%3D98%3A%3D%3A43%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B472%3C5884245ot1lsi

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.