My truck crapped the bed today

dsberman94

Reaction score
That little thing won't hurt a thing, were talking exhaust side here.

I was worried about drilling my manifold for the EGT probe. Then you reassured me no issues and I ended up pulling that turbo last fall. Not one mark on the exhaust side. Lol. Don't understand why people worry bout small stuff like that going through the exhaust side.

Posted from ***itville, USA

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I throw drywall screws in my uppipes....

And your turbo would eat them for breakfast!

Not completely but people get way to worried about the exhaust side... Compressor side is a nice soft aluminum, but the compressor side is a hardened sob.

DocBar

Reaction score
Well, the truck is up and running again with the 250/100's in it. It's actually running pretty good with the 400/200 tunes on it. :evil

It's running higher than normal EGT's, though (~800* at 70 on flat ground, ~10mph head wind), very little smoke and good idle. I've done some WOT runs and put about 50 miles on it to get the air out. I'll have the 400's in the mail on Monday to see :wtf: happened to #6. :shrug:

Great big thanks to everyone for the advice and support! It's very much appreciated!! :toast:

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm going to give the truck a good run today and take it to San Diego. That's a bit over 100 miles each way and over some mountains, so I should get a good idea of where it's at.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I meant your workhorse injectors that have been doing good for the last three years. Re nozzle and keep boogien'. It's hard to tear apart a great working setup, lol.

DocBar

Reaction score
I meant your workhorse injectors that have been doing good for the last three years. Re nozzle and keep boogien'. It's hard to tear apart a great working setup, lol.
LOL...I'm wondering if I should just stick with the old ones. They're running good.

Glad to hear this wasn't a motor problem. Just stuff bolted to it.
Thanks!! Me and you both!! I was pretty butt hurt a week ago and now I'm as happy as I can be.

pontiacross

Reaction score
you might want to check your fuel pressure to be on the safe side. if you starve an injector for fuel you could cause a cracked nozzle from the plunger bottoming out and a lack of lubrication

DocBar

Reaction score
you might want to check your fuel pressure to be on the safe side. if you starve an injector for fuel you could cause a cracked nozzle from the plunger bottoming out and a lack of lubrication
You might have something there. I was pretty low on fuel when I dropped the truck off and John drove it a good bit. I was very close to empty when I picked the truck up.
David warned me about hammering on the truck when the fuel level was <1/4 tank. Hmmmm....

If one injector got starved, the other 7 should show something. I guess we'll know more after FFD inspects them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.